What you get...
Sheep Shearing and BBQ LunchGuided tour of Parliament House with local expertAustralian War MemorialFloriade 2019 CanberraTulip Time 2019 BowralTraditional Devonshire Tea
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below)
Depart Sydney at 7.30am with your experienced Driver Guide and travel through the rolling hills and verdant pastures of the Southern Highlands. Pause at historic Berrima to see its convict-era sandstone gaol, then visit Gold Creek Station to meet a local grazier and enjoy a barbecue lunch. Gold Creek is a working pastoral property that currently runs merino sheep and beef cattle. On arrival in Canberra, join a local guide for a tour of Parliament House, the seat of the nation’s government. Built almost entirely of Australian materials, 10,000 people worked its construction. Visit the Australian War Memorial, which brings together a world-class museum, a shrine and an extensive archive. Hear an evocative lament before departing for your hotel. Enjoy dinner at your hotel with your travelling companions. Please note: As this holiday departs at 7.30am from Rydges Sydney Central, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for the previous night.
Today, enjoy the spectacle and festivities of Floriade 2020. Originally developed as a floral display to celebrate Australia’s Bicentenary and Canberra’s 75th birthday, this month long festival attracts more than 480,000 attendees per year. Start the day with a guided walk of the grounds. The rest of the day is free for you to enjoy not only over a million flowers but also markets, sculptures, workshops and live music.
Discover the Southern Highlands at the outset of the Tulip Season in Bowral. Enjoy a leisurely stroll among the garden beds blooming with colour. This afternoon, a Devonshire Tea of hot scones with jam and cream awaits you in the quaint town of Mittagong. Your colourful weekend concludes on arrival in Sydney this evening at approximately 6.00pm.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 January 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 22 January 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.