Tastes of Southern Australia
What you get...
Experience farm life at Gold Creek StationFree time in cosmopolitan MelbourneEnjoy a guided tour through Parliament HouseExplore the Australian War MemorialDiscover historic BeechworthBe My Guest breakfast experience BeechworthTravel along the magnificent Great Ocean RoadVisit the Twelve ApostlesThrow a boomerang and taste bush tucker at Tower Hill Nature ReserveVisit the Coonawarra for a wine tastingVisit a micro distillery on Kangaroo IslandWalk amongst sea lions at Seal BayExplore picturesque HahndorfIndulge in food & wine in the BarossaIncluded Choice experiences in Adelaide
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director & Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below)
Depart Sydney this morning and travel through the rolling hills and verdant pastures of the Southern Highlands. Pause at historic Berrima, then visit Gold Creek Station to meet a local grazier and enjoy a Welcome Reception and barbecue Highlight Lunch. On arrival in Canberra you’ll join a local guide for a tour of Parliament House, then visit the impressive Australian War Memorial. Get to know your Travel Director and fellow travellers tonight over dinner. Please note: As this holiday departs at 7.30am from Rydges Sydney Central, you’ll need to pre-book accommodation for the previous night.
Before leaving Canberra this morning, drive to the summit of Mt. Ainslie to experience panoramic views of the city and surrounds. Cross the mighty Murray River into Victoria, taking the scenic route to historic Beechworth, Victoria’s best-preserved gold-rush town. Take an orientation tour of the town before some free time to explore the antique shops, galleries, museum and historic hotel. Your accommodation tonight is at a unique bed-and-breakfast property.
Join your B&B host for a Be My Guest breakfast before travelling to historic Glenrowan and on through Ned Kelly country to cosmopolitan Melbourne, Australia’s sporting and cultural capital. Gain some interesting insights on an orientation tour of the city, then take some time to explore independently. Why not enjoy dinner this evening at one of Southbank’s stylish eateries?
Today Melbourne is yours to explore: you may like to consider one of the optional experiences. Why not venture to Phillip Island to witness the Penguin Parade, the nightly ritual where endearing Little Penguins emerge from the sea and waddle up the beach to their dune burrows.
Depart Melbourne this morning to embark on one of the world’s premier road trips – the Great Ocean Road. Enjoy spectacular coastal scenery, pausing in the quaint seaside towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay. Just off shore in the Port Campbell National Park, the towering limestone stacks of the Twelve Apostles rise 50 metres above the wild Southern Ocean. You’ll also see nearby Loch Ard Gorge and visit the impressive London Bridge natural rock formation before arriving in the rural town of Warrnambool.
This morning, visit the Worn Gundidj Aboriginal Co-operative at Tower Hill State Game Reserve, where your guide will provide you with an Indigenous perspective on the area’s flora, wildlife and volcanic formations. Cross the border into South Australia, stopping in Mount Gambier to see the mysterious Blue Lake, then continue to the world-renowned Coonawarra wine region, pausing at a vineyard for a tasting. Before arriving in Naracoorte you’ll be joined by a local expert for a guided tour through the Alexandra Cave.
Journey today to the Fleurieu Peninsula, where rolling hills are complemented by rugged clifftops, sandy beaches and the winding Murray River. Visit the charming seaside town of Victor Harbor before a ferry takes you to Kangaroo Island, famous for its unspoiled natural beauty and fine produce. Visit South Australia’s only boutique distillery to taste a selection of award-winning Australia gins and delicious liqueurs. Your final destination is Kingscote, South Australia’s oldest European settlement.
Begin your exploration of fascinating Kangaroo Island today with a visit to the spectacular Remarkable Rocks and Admiral’s Arch. Enjoy a delicious lunch at Vivonne Bay before experiencing the only ‘in-flight’ birds of prey display in South Australia, where you’ll see an array of birds including the majestic Wedge-tailed Eagle. Later, join a ranger at Seal Bay Conservation Park for a guided walk among a colony of rare sea lions in one of the country’s most important breeding colonies.
This morning, board your ferry to cross back to the mainland and travel to picturesque Adelaide, the ‘City of Churches’. You’ll take an orientation tour with your Travel Director before checking into your hotel and then embarking on your choice from a selection of sightseeing experiences. Visit Adelaide Zoo to see the unique Panda enclosure; hear fascinating stories about the early history of Adelaide on a guided city walking-tour; or visit the Art Gallery of South Australia.
Discover the rolling Adelaide Hills and the renowned Barossa today, stopping first at picturesque Hahndorf, Australia’s oldest surviving German settlement. Wander down its tree-lined streets and take time to explore the quaint shops and taste some of the town’s artisan produce. Continue to the Barossa for lunch before visiting the Jacob’s Creek vineyard to sample some world famous wines. Travel back to Adelaide through a tranquil landscape dotted with stone cottages and olive groves to join your Travel Director and travelling companions for a Farewell Dinner.
Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 January 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 22 January 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.