2-FOR-1 Taj Traveller, 8 Days
What you get...
- 8 Day trip departing Delhi.
- 7 Nights accommodation in 3-4 star and heritage hotels.
- 7 breakfasts, 2 dinners.
- Touring of Delhi, Jaipur, Bharatpur and Agra.
- Services of English-speaking Indian specialist guides at some sites.
- Travel by jeep to the Amber Fort in Jaipur.
- Escorted by an English-speaking Indian tour guide.
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles.
- Airport arrival and departure transfers.
- WAS $1644* per person, NOW $822* per person, SAVE $822* per person.
Delhi - Old and New Delhi sightseeing - Jaipur - Amber Fort - Chand Baori - The Taj Mahal - Return
Discover the spectacular sights of India's famed Golden Triangle including both old and new Delhi, the Pink City of Jaipur and Agra - home to the magnificent Taj Mahal as well as exploring the Chand Baori step well and sampling traditional rural Indian life in the quaint village of Bharatpur.
Day 1 Delhi.
Welcome to India On arrival in Delhi you'll be transferred from the airport to our hotel. Enjoy the rest of your first day exploring independently in the city. Perhaps visit Akshardham - the world's largest Hindu temple.
Day 2 Old and New Delhi sightseeing.
Join our Welcome Meeting this morning before we enjoy a full day of sightseeing in India's capital. In Old Delhi we see the UNESCO-listed Humayun's Tomb and visit Jama Masjid - the oldest and largest mosque in the whole of India. We also visit Raj Ghat, the site of Gandhi's cremation. An eternal flame now burns here in his honour. Continue to the bustling Chandni Chowk bazaar for an exhilarating rickshaw ride. Later, explore New Delhi, including the Rajpath and the impressive India Gate monument. This evening we enjoy a group Namaste dinner.
Day 3 Jaipur - the Pink City.
Delhi - Jaipur. We leave Delhi and travel to UNESCO-listed Jaipur today. In 1876 the Maharaja had the Old City painted pink to herald a visit by the Prince of Wales (soon to be King Edward VII), giving Jaipur its famous nickname. This afternoon we tour the City Palace in the centre of the Old City and the UNESCO-listed Jantar Mantar space observatory.
Day 4 Amber Fort.
Enjoy an optional hot air balloon ride over Jaipur this morning, an unforgettable experience. Sail over the beautiful region with the Pink City below you and pass over palaces, villages and temples. We then take a jeep ride to visit the famous lakeside palace of Amber Fort. Walk down cobbled streets and explore courtyards laid out over four levels. We continue to a local cotton weaving house on our way back to Jaipur.
Day 5 Chand Baori & Keoladeo Ghana National Park.
Jaipur - Abhaneri - Bharatpur. Say goodbye to Jaipur today as we travel to the village of Abhaneri to see the beautiful Chand Baori step well, where 3,500 steps climb down to the water's edge. The well famously featured in the blockbuster movie 'Batman: The Dark Knight Rises'. We continue to a local school (if open), where we operate our Change for Children programme. Any donations you can give here will make a real difference to the lives of underprivileged children. You may also wish to bring some educational gifts with you from home to give to the pupils (see trip notes). Finally, we visit the UNESCO-listed Keoladeo Ghana National Park. Enjoy a rickshaw ride around this wetland reserve, home to hundreds of bird species. We'll be escorted by a knowledgeable guide who will help you to spot and identify these birds.
Day 6 The Taj Mahal.
Bharatpur - Agra. We visit the former Mughal city of Fatehpur Sikri this morning, which has laid abandoned for more than 400 years. Continue to Agra where we see the imposing Agra Fort, before paying a visit to India's most iconic site - the Taj Mahal. This famous monument was built by Emperor Shah Jahan in the 17th century, in memory of his beloved wife who died tragically in childbirth. It remains the most extravagant monument to love ever built and is the enduring symbol of India. Enjoy a tour of this famous site before we continue to our hotel.
Day 7 Return to Delhi.
Agra - Delhi. After breakfast we return to Delhi, where the rest of the day is free for you to explore. Perhaps visit the impressive Red Fort and enjoy its Sound and Light Show after dark.
Day 8 Delhi.
Our tour comes to an end today with an included departure transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 6 March 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..