2-FOR-1 Cape to Namibia, 14 Days
What you get...
- 14 Day trip departing Cape Town.
- 1 Night accommodation in a dormitory at Ashanti Lodge in Cape Town (upgrade available).
- 2 Nights twin share accommodation in Swakopmund.
- 10 Nights accommodation camping.
- 13 breakfasts, 10 lunches and 9 dinners.
- A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives.
- Park Entry & Game drive - Etosha NP.
- Wine tasting in Cederberg.
- Half day canoeing on the Orange River.
- Transfer to Sossusvlei for Desert Walk.
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment.
- Tents and sleeping mats provided.
- Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook).
- Arrival transfer from Cape Town Airport.
- All road taxes and tolls.
- Please note: Excludes local payment of USD$490* per person.
- WAS $1794* per person, NOW $897* per person, SAVE $897* per person.
Cape Town - Cederberg - Gariep River - Fish River Canyon - Sesriem - Namib Naukluft National Park - Spitzkoppe - Etosha National Park - Windhoek
Depart from the 'Mother City' of Cape Town and head north up to beautiful Namibia. Discover the expansive Fish River Canyon, climb the massive sand dunes of Sossusvlei, get an adrenalin fix in Swakopmund and go wildlife spotting in Etosha National Park before ending in the capital - Windhoek.
Day 1 Cape Town.
Saturday. Welcome to Cape Town, South Africa! An arrival transfer to our accommodation is included. Today there is a welcome meeting at 17.00hrs where you will meet your tour leader and fellow passengers.
Day 2 Cederberg.
Cape Town - Cederberg. Leaving Cape Town, we head around Table Bay and travel north to a picturesque campsite, surrounded by wine farms in the Cederburg Area. This afternoon we sample some of the nectar of the gods with included wine tasting after taking a short walk in the surrounding vineyards. Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 3 Gariep River.
Cederberg - Gariep River. From the Cederberg we travel further north through the region known as Namaqualand and the desert area of the Richtersveld to the Gariep River, the natural land border between South Africa and Namibia, where we camp at a beautiful campsite on the South African bank of the river. Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 4 Fish River Canyon.
Gariep River - Fish River Canyon (Namibia). This morning we take a half-day canoe trip on the beautiful Gariep River before we cross into Namibia after lunch and travel to the Fish River Canyon. At 161 km long, 27 km wide and about 550 m deep, it�s the second largest canyon in the world. A road follows the eastern rim, giving us access to several viewing points from where we can take in the spectacular vistas. Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 5 Sesriem.
Fish River Canyon - Sesriem. An early start today, heading north we enter the Namib-Naukluft desert, one of the oldest in the world. We base ourselves at Sesriem, a good place to experience the Namib and its many moods. A short distance away is Sossusvlei, surrounded by a dramatic sea of sand dunes which are reputed to be the highest in the world. Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 6 Namib Naukluft National Park.
Sesriem - Solitaire. This morning we enter the Namib-Naukluft National Park where we spend the morning exploring this amazing area. View the sunrise from the top of Dune 45 - a truly memorable experience. Following our sunrise experience we head a further 5kms into the desert and take a walk to Sossusvlei and Deadvlei and explore the surrounding area. After our morning exploring the desert and its dunes, we exit the park and head to our next destination, the small settlement of Solitaire. Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Days 7-8 Swakopmund. Sesriem - Swakopmund. Our next stop is Namibia�s prime holiday resort - Swakopmund where we enjoy 2 nights of rest, relaxation and a little bit of adrenalin for those that are keen! Founded by the Germans in 1892, their colonial influence is still evident today. Swakopmund has lovely beaches, restaurants & bars as well as many arts and crafts shops selling Namibian curios. Optional excursions include sky diving, quad biking, sand boarding, scenic desert flights, dolphin cruises, fishing trips, golf, horse riding and more. Meals Included: Breakfast x 2.
Day 9 Spitzkoppe.
Swakopmund - Brandberg. Our departure from Swakopmund takes through the 'Matterhorn of Namibia' - Spitzkoppe. The 1728m high rock formation, one of Namibia's most recognised landmarks, is well known as an ancient San sacred site. Explore the surrounding area and its San rock paintings or simply enjoy the magnificent views. After our visit to Spitzkoppe we head off to our next destination � Brandberg. Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Days 10-11 Etosha National Park. Brandberg - Etosha National Park area. On Day 10 our drive takes us further north through the Namibian countryside to our campsite, located in the vicinity of Etosha National Park. The following day we explore Etosha National Park. Covering 22,700 km, Etosha is Namibia's premier nature and wildlife reserve. Situated around the Etosha Pan with a large variety of animal and bird life, the extensive network of gravel roads affords us the opportunity of accessing even the most remote areas of the park. After lunch, and once it has cooled off a bit, we spend the remainder of the day exploring the park�s southern area. Keep an eye out for the striking Oryx and Springbok as these are endemic to desert National Parks! The camp tonight is situated just outside the parks boundaries, only 10kms from Anderson Gate. Perhaps a quick dip in the pool or a sun downer on the deck before dinner. Meals Included: Breakfast x 2, Lunch x 2, Dinner x 2.
Day 12 Etosha National Park.
Today we make our way 150 km across the park, keeping a look out for the many different mammals, reptiles, birds and insects in the various regions. After a full day of game viewing, we spend the evening relaxing at our camp in the north of the park, Namutoni. After dinner why not head to the waterhole where you can sit and observe the animals may come to drink in the evenings. Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 13 Windhoek.
Etosha - Windhoek. After our breakfast we head out of the park while doing a game drive. Today's drive will take us through small rural towns and scenic landscapes. Nestled between the hills, Windhoek is a rather small capital city but has many places of historical interest. This afternoon is spent at your Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.
Day 14 Windhoek.
This morning your tour ends after breakfast. Meals Included: Breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 6 March 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..