2-FOR-1 Namibia to Cape, 14 Days
What you get...
- 14 Day trip departing Windhoek.
- 1 Night accommodation in a garden tent at the Windhoek Urban Camp (upgrade available).
- 2 Nights twin share accommodation in Swakopmund.
- 10 Nights accommodation camping.
- 13 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 9 dinners.
- A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives.
- Park Entry & Game drive - Etosha NP.
- Wine tasting in Cederberg.
- Half day canoeing on the Orange River.
- Transfer to Sossusvlei for Desert Walk.
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment.
- Tents and sleeping mats provided.
- Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook).
- Arrival transfer from Windhoek Airport.
- All road taxes and tolls.
- Please note: Excludes local payment of USD$490* per person.
- WAS $1794* per person, NOW $897* per person, SAVE $897* per person.
Windhoek - Etosha National Park - Brandberg - Fish River Canyon - Gariep River - Cederberg - Cape Town
Travelling from the capital Windhoek, experience the very best of Namibia including wildlife rich Etosha National Park, the towering dunes of Sossusvlei and colonial Swakopmund. Discover massive Fish River canyon, quaff wines in Cederberg and end in fantastic Cape Town!
Day 1 Windhoek.
Welcome to Namibia! Upon arrival at Windhoek airport, you'll be met and transferred to our campsite in the town centre. At 17h00, there will be a welcome meeting at the campsite with fellow travellers and tour crew.
Day 2 Etosha National Park.
Windhoek - Etosha. Leaving Windhoek, we head to Etosha National Park. This 20,000 km2 desert nature reserve is home to many species of wildlife, including the oryx and springbok, and is easily explored on the gravel roads stretching across the park. After dinner, sit by the waterhole and watch the animals quench their thirst as the evening approaches. Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Days 3-4 Etosha NP. Today we embark on a long game drive through the park, keeping an eye out for the many game options. The varying vegetation creates changing habitats, and so we will see different animals in each section of the park. At the end of the day, we head to our nearby campsite, with time for a dip in the pool and a leisurely dinner. The next day, we continue driving south through Etosha to our second campsite. Meals Included: Breakfast x 2, Lunch x 2, Dinner x 2.
Day 5 Brandberg.
Etosha - Brandberg. We depart south to the Brandberg desert area, where Namibia's tallest mountain can be found. We may have a chance to explore depending on arrival time. Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Days 6-7 Swakopmund. Brandberg - Spitzkoppe - Swakopmund. Leaving Brandberg, we travel to Swakopmund today, with a brief stop at the Spitzkoppe peak. Swakopmund was established by the Germans in 1892, and the colonial influence can still be seen in the city's elegant architecture. Enjoy some free time to explore the restaurants & cafes, arts & crafts shops, and of course the coastal beach. Spend the following day at leisure, relaxing or partaking in one of many optional excursions available. Some of our fellow passengers may leave us here, to be replaced by new passengers joining us for the final leg of our trip. Meals Included: Breakfast x 2. Days 8-9 Sossusvlei. Swakopmund - Sesriem. Leaving Swakopmund, we head south to the industrial Walvis Bay before turning inland and toward the desert. Continuing our journey, we enter the Namib-Naukluft Park in one of the oldest deserts in the world. We base ourselves at Sesriem, a great place to experience the Namib and its many moods. A short distance away is Sossusvlei, surrounded by a dramatic sea of sand dunes reputed to be the highest in the world. Magnificent views of the desert can be seen from the top of the dunes, some over 300 m high. We spend the afternoon exploring this amazing area. Meals Included: Breakfast x 2, Lunch x 2, Dinner x 2.
Day 10 Fish River Canyon.
Sesriem - Fish River Canyon. Heading out early, we see the sunrise over this beautiful area and we leave the serenity of the dunes to head south to the Fish River Canyon. At 161 km long, 27 km wide and about 550 m deep, it's the second largest canyon in the world. The outer canyon was formed by tectonic activity, while the erosion of the Fish River formed the inner canyon. A road follows the eastern rim, giving us access to several viewing points from where we can take in the spectacular vistas. Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 11 Gariep River.
Fish River Canyon - Gariep River (South Africa). This morning we continue south, where, after a short drive, we reach the Gariep River - the natural land border between Namibia and South Africa. We camp at a beautiful campsite on the South African bank of the river. This afternoon we take a half-day canoe trip on the beautiful Gariep River, affording us the opportunity of some bird watching or just a scenic and relaxing paddle. Tonight there's a chance for some fun at the wonderful camp bar overlooking the river! Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 12 Cederberg.
Gariep River - Cederberg. We depart our pretty riverside setting this morning for the mining town of Springbok. We continue through the Namaqua region and spend our last night camping near the Cederberg mountains. Our campsite tonight is surrounded by wine famrs and we get the opportunity to sample some. Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 13 Cape Town.
Cederberg - Cape Town. On this final leg of our journey, we head south towards Cape Town and its landmark Table Mountain. After passing through Citrusdal, the Piketberg Pass, and wine regions, we arrive in the city, for an evening at leisure. Meals Included: Breakfast.
Day 14 Cape Town.
Our journey ends this morning. We suggest you extend your stay by a few days to see all that Cape Town and the South African coast have to offer. Meals Included: Breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 6 March 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..