2-FOR-1 Taj Express, 8 Days
What you get...
- 8 Day trip departing Delhi.
- 7 Nights accommodation in 3-4 star and heritage hotels.
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners.
- Touring of Delhi, Jaipur, Agra and Karauli.
- Travel by jeep to the Amber Fort in Jaipur.
- Services of English-speaking Indian specialist guides at some sites.
- Escorted by an English-speaking Indian tour guide.
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private A/C vehicles.
- Airport arrival and departure transfers.
- WAS $1644* per person, NOW $822* per person, SAVE $822* per person.
Delhi - Old - Taj Mahal - The princely state of Karauli - Jaipur - Jaipur sightseeing - Return
Experience the richness of Indian culture on this classic tour of India's Golden Triangle. Kick off in Delhi, both old and new, explore the magnificent Taj Mahal in Agra and the stunning Pink City of Jaipur. Combine this with a night at a Maharaja's Palace and you've got the perfect 1 week Indian adventure.
Day 1 Delhi.
On arrival in Delhi you�ll be met at the airport and transferred to our hotel. The rest of today is free to explore India�s capital at leisure.
Day 2 Old & New Delhi.
Join our Welcome Meeting this morning before we enjoy a packed day of sightseeing in Old and New Delhi. Visit the UNESCO-listed Humayun�s Tomb and Jama Masjid - India's oldest and largest mosque. See the eternal flame at Raj Ghat, which was the site of Gandhi's cremation and is now a place of peaceful contemplation. Meals Included: Breakfast, Dinner.
Day 3 Taj Mahal.
Delhi - Agra. Travel to Agra today and visit the impressive walled Agra Fort. Our day continues with a tour of the legendary Taj Mahal, India's most famous site. This iconic white monument was built by the Emperor Shah Jahan in the 17th century in memory of his beloved wife. It is perhaps the most extravagant symbol of love the world has ever seen and has no rival. Meals Included: Breakfast.
Day 4 The princely state of Karauli.
Agra - Karauli. This morning we'll visit the eerie former Mughal city of Fatehpur Sikri, which has laid abandoned for more than 400 years. Continue to the beautiful Palace Bhanwar Vilas in Karauli, stopping for lunch en route. The palace is our home for the night and also remains the residence of the current Maharaja of the state. Enjoy free time to explore the palace grounds and if we're lucky, we may be able to join a tour of the site led by the princess herself. The family is lovingly restoring the Karauli City Palace, which we visit later this afternoon. This evening opt to attend the evening Aarti (prayer). Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 5 Jaipur.
Karauli - Jaipur. We travel to a local school this morning (if open) to meet the pupils and teachers. Our 'Change for Children' programme operates here and any donations you can spare help make a real difference to the lives of underprivileged children. You may wish to consider bringing some educational gifts with you on your tour (see trip notes) to give out to the children - they will be greatly appreciated. Later, we continue to the vibrant UNESCO listed Pink City of Jaipur where the rest of the day is free to explore. Perhaps catch a Bollywood movie at the Raj Mandir Cinema or explore the buzzing walled city centre - look out for monkeys scampering across the rooftops. Meals Included: Breakfast.
Day 6 Jaipur sightseeing.
Enjoy an unforgettable experience early this morning with an optional balloon ride over Jaipur. Sail with the wind over the surrounding region and pass above hill-top forts and regal palaces. Later, enjoy a jeep ride to Amber Fort for a guided tour and visit a cotton weaving house for an authentic demonstration of fabric dyeing. We also tour the UNESCO-listed Jaipur City Palace and Jantar Mantar space observatory, which is home to the world�s largest stone sun dial. Meals Included: Breakfast.
Day 7 Return to Delhi.
Jaipur - Delhi. Return to Delhi today where the rest of the day is at leisure. Perhaps visit the impressive Akshardham - the world's largest Hindu temple. Meals Included: Breakfast.
Day 8 Delhi.
Our Indian adventure comes to an end today with an included transfer to the airport. Meals Included: Breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 6 March 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..