Great Ocean Road Adventure ex Melbourne
What you get...
- Travel along the Great Ocean Road
Stop at spectacular Loch Ard Gorge
Witness the Twelve Apostles near Port Campbell
Go hiking in the Grampians National Park
Breakfasts Included: 2
Lunches Included: 1
Dinners Included: 1
Dormitory (2 nts)
Age: min 18
Group Size: 1 - 24
12 Apostles & London Bridge
Koala spotting - Great Ocean Road
Melba Gully Walk - Otway Ranges
Swim at Lorne (Summer months)
Loch Ard Gorge
Brambuk Culture Centre
Mackenzie Falls - Grampians
Pinnacles Walk - Grampians
Reeds Lookout (The Balconies) & Boroka Lookout
1 The Great Ocean Road
Departing Melbourne, hit the road west to Geelong and the famous surf town of Torquay. From there, begin the journey along one of Australia’s most beautiful and famous drives, the Great Ocean Road. Experience a guided walk through an ancient and rare temperate rainforest. Check out the enormous trees that are native to the area. Stop for some koala spotting, then break for lunch in Apollo Bay. Continue on to the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge, spending the night in Warrnambool. Note: Total driving time today is about six and a half hours (approximately 450kms) Total walking time will be about two hours (approximately 2kms)
2 The Grampians
Begin the day checking out more of the Great Ocean Road's wonders, then drive into the Grampians National Park – an area rich in Aboriginal culture and beautiful landscapes. We'll visit the Brambuk Aboriginal Culture Centre to learn about the period known as the Dreaming, then hike up to the Pinnacles for impressive views across the Grampians. Tonight we enjoy a traditional Aussie BBQ in Halls Gap. Note: Total driving time today is about six hours (approximately 400kms) Total walking time will be about four hours (approximately 5kms)
3 The Grampians to Adelaide
Hike to base of McKenzie Falls, the highest waterfalls in the Grampians, and check out other sights such as The Balconies and Reeds Lookout. Leaving the Grampians, pass through the town of Horsham and the enchanting Loch Lel (otherwise known as the Pink Lake) before crossing the famed mighty Murray River and making the last leg of the journey into Adelaide. Note: Total driving time today is about seven and a half hours (approximately 550kms). Estimated time of arrival into Adelaide is 7.30pm. Total walking time will be about two and a half hours (approximately 3.5kms)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..