Star Spangled Banner, 14 Days, SAVE $420*
What you get...
- 14 Day trip departing Los Angeles.
- 9 Nights accommodation in hostels.
- 4 Nights accommodation in hotel upgrades.
- 11 Breakfasts & 6 Dinners.
- Driving tour of San Diego.
- Entry to Grand Canyon National Park.
- Driving tour of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Entry to Yosemite National Park.
- Driving tour of San Francisco.
- Walking tour of San Francisco.
- Local legend walking tour.
- Las Vegas party bus.
- 7-day NYC Metro Pass.
- Air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people) or spacious mini-coach (maximum 20 people).
- WAS $4199*, NOW $3779*, SAVE $420*.
Los Angeles - San Diego - Prescott - Grand Canyon Region - Las Vegas - Yosemite National Park Region - Yosemite National Park - San Francisco - New York City
With the urban delights of LA, Vegas, San Fran and NYC comes the outrageously gorgeous contrast of nature's finest: the mighty Grand Canyon and Yosemite National Park. On this star-spangled trip of a lifetime, you can guarantee camera rolls will be filled and bucket list items will be crossed off.
Day 1 Los Angeles to San Diego.
Say hello to your fellow Topdeckers (aka your new family) in the one, the only City of Angels. No time to dawdle, though - it's straight up and at 'em as we make our way to San Diego for a driving tour and included dinner. Once you've got your bearings, you might want to head out on an optional nightlife tour to start your trip with a bang.
Day 2 San Diego.
You've got two optional activities to choose from today - say 'ahhh' at San Diego Zoo (one word: pandas), or combine your love of aircraft AND ships with a visit to the USS Midway. Want to do things your way? Then you could always hone your craft beer vocab with a self-guided tour through the breweries and pubs of 'America's Craft Beer Capital' - or just get in on the sun and surf action along the 70 miles (112 km) of beaches.
Day 3 San Diego to Prescott.
You'll see more than a few Joshua trees (they're the ones that look a bit like mutant cacti) as we cross the Mojave Desert to Prescott. While you're here, soak up some of the lingering history from the notorious strip of gun-slinging saloons that once stood on Whiskey Row.
Day 4 Prescott to Grand Canyon Region.
Today, we roll on to the Grand Canyon region. You've seen the pictures, but nothing can prepare you for the humility that comes with standing on the precipice of something so mighty. Just one more sleep until we get up close and personal with the canyon itself!
Day 5 Grand Canyon Region to Las Vegas.
First up: the Grand Canyon, where you can see billions of years of rock history from every angle. Afterwards, we're Vegas bound. Kick off your stay in Sin City with a driving tour of The Strip - then when the sun sets, board our nightclub on wheels (aka the party bus). Prepare to make friends with Elvis lookalikes, roll the dice and see where the night takes you. Note: 3am pizza is totally acceptable.
Day 6 Las Vegas.
Reach new heights with an optional heli-tour over The Strip or ride on a big wheel (the High Roller Observation Wheel, to be precise). If you need a break after last night, take it easy by the pool where you can count on the weather to be flawless 24/7.
Day 7 Las Vegas to Yosemite National Park Region.
Wave goodbye to Las Vegas as we head into Yosemite National Park for a dose of fresh air and serious natural beauty. Luckily for you, this could be the best place in the world to cure a hangover.
Day 8 Yosemite National Park.
Grab your walking shoes - it's time to check out what makes this famous National Park so special. We're talking giant sequoia trees, the Sierra Nevada mountains and the iconic Bridalveil Fall. Nature, we salute you.
Day 9 Yosemite National Park Region to San Francisco.
The colour orange is associated with extroverts and the unconventional - so it suits San Fran down to the ground. Add a bit of 'International Orange' to your life as we tick off SF's best: Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, the Painted Ladies and the Golden Gate Bridge. Later, we'll head over to North Beach for a group dinner.
Day 10 San Francisco.
Yay, free day! Spend it how you like, but we recommend hitting up North Beach, seeing the sea lions at Pier 39 or checking out 'The Rock'. This evening, there's an optional sunset catamaran cruise to get on board with, so brace your sea legs.
Day 11 San Francisco to New York City.
Up, up and away! We're leaving San Francisco on a jet plane. Next stop? NYC, baby!
Day 12 New York City.
Stroll by super-sized skyscrapers as we take to the streets of New York for a walking tour led by none other than a Local Legend. The rest of the day is yours to explore with an included 7-day NYC Metro Pass, so make sure you fuel yourself up with as many bagels as your tummy has room for.
Day 13 New York City.
Riding the subway and wandering around the city's wildly different neighbourhoods is a great way to see the place - the yellow cabs whizz by, the smells of the sidewalk pretzel stands waft your way and the whole place feels like one big movie set. Tonight, there's one last dinner with the crew to look forward to.
Day 14 New York City.
Prepare to pack up your I Heart NYC hoodies - after breakfast, this trip is over. Then again, you've got three days left on that Metro Pass. Are you really ready to go?
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..