Mexico Unveiled, 11 Days, SAVE $320*
What you get...
- 11 Day trip departing Mexico City.
- 10 nights accomodation in hotels.
- 10 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners.
- Limited Editions.
- 30Max Group Size.
- Trip Leader.
- Guided tour of Teotihuacan.
- Guided tour of Chichen Itza.
- Guided tour of Tulum.
- Visit Isla Holbox.
- Bioluminescence tour, Punta Coco.
- WAS $3199*, NOW $2879*, SAVE $320*.
Mexico City - Merida - Playa del Carmen - Tulum - Holbox - Cancun
Ready to take on Mexico in true Topdecker style? This trip has it all - from mysterious ancient ruins and outstanding natural beauty to swim stops, photo ops and mouth-watering cuisine. Picture this: wandering the temples of Teotihuacan, taking a dip in the sacred Cenote and seeing the amazing natural phenomenon of bioluminescence at Isla Holbox. It doesn't get any more aweinspiring than this!
Day 1 Mexico City.
Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to Mexico City! Touch down at Benito Juarez airport, check into the hostel and get ready to start the trip in style: with a beer or two at El Pasaguero, one of Mexico's most iconic music halls. What better way to get to know your new trip mates? Here's to an unbelievable holiday!
Day 2 Mexico City.
Engage explorer mode: today we're off to Teotihuacan, the ancient 'City of the Gods'. Fact: the oldest buildings here were constructed in around 200 BC. Take a moment to let that sink in as you stroll down the Avenue of the Dead and past the site's pyramids and temples. Wanna take things to the next level? You could always jump on an optional Teotihuacan hot air balloon ride (goosebumps guaranteed). Archaeology = totally awesome.
Day 3 Mexico City to Merida.
Next stop, Merida - the buzzing capital of Yucatan. A city steeped in colonial history (not to mention Mayan heritage), Merida is the perfect place to spend a day checking out beautiful architecture, hunting down street food or simply sitting back and soaking up the local culture. If you're keen to see as much of the city as possible, there's an optional bus tour to get on board with. Warning: this one may just fill up your camera roll.
Day 4 Merida to Playa del Carmen.
Time to casually swing by one of the seven new Wonders of the World (as you do). The iconic ruins of Chichen Itza are next! On today's guided tour, you'll tick off the likes of the Temple of Kukulkan ('El Castillo'), the Platform of the Skulls, the Plaza of a Thousand Columns and the Sacred Cenote. Basically, everywhere you look there's something amazing to see! When you've soaked up enough ancient history for one day, we'll hit the road to Playa del Carmen. Did someone say beach?
Day 5 Playa del Carmen.
Wake up - the white sands and blue waters of Playa del Carmen are waiting! When you get tired of lounging on the beach and splashing around in the sea, there are plenty of great bars to visit. Or, if you're keen to escape the crowds, you could always take an optional tour of the Sian Ka'an biosphere reserve. Here you'll find coastal wetlands, shimmering lagoons, thousands of species of flora and fauna - and more natural beauty than you can possibly imagine. Sound good? We thought so!
Day 6 Playa del Carmen to Tulum.
Another day, another incredible archaeological site. You could get used to this! One of the last cities built by the Mayans, Tulum is famous for its mysterious ruins, sun-soaked shores and cenote caves. After learning some must-know Tulum facts from our local guide, you'll have some free time to spend relaxing at the beach (exploring ancient ruins is tiring work, you know). Before the day is out, we'll have just enough time to squeeze in a swim at the otherworldly Cenote Dos Ojos. This incredible underwater cave system is a snorkeller's paradise!
Day 7 Tulum.
You've got a free day to spend taking on Tulum exactly as you please. What's it gonna be? You could top up your tan at the beach, dig into something tasty at one of the local restaurants or take some time to get to know the city a little better. Want more? Then why not try one of our optional extras? We're talking swimming with sea turtles (majestic AF) or a visit to the awesome Coba archaeological site - where you can zipline, canoe, swim in hidden caves and take a walk through the jungle. Just..wow!
Day 8 Tulum to Holbox.
All aboard the boat! Today we're moving on to Isla Holbox - a car-free island that's best described as a little slice of heaven on Earth. Picture this: coconut trees, white sand and sparkling water. If you want to spend the day horizontal, we won't judge. Just make sure you're up in time for tonight's bioluminescence tour at Punta Coco. This is where the magic happens! Thanks to this natural phenomenon, you'll see the beach glowing neon blue. Check Google Images for proof.
Day 9 Holbox.
Ready for more amazingness? Good news - today there's a boat tour in store. As we float through the Yalahau Lagoon, you might be lucky enough to see some of the pelicans, crocodiles and dolphins that call this place home - and depending on when you're travelling, you could even see some flamingos! After all of that wildlife spotting, we'll make one more stop: a beautiful freshwater spring at Yalahau that's said to have healing powers. Don't just sit there - go for a dip and test it out!
Day 10 Holbox to Cancun.
It's the final full day of the trip, so prepare to go hard before you go home. The city of Cancun is our final stop - and it's a peach of a place, if we do say so ourselves. Do the obvious and grab yourself a sun lounger, or go all-out with an optional catamaran tour to the paradisiacal Isla Mujeres. While here, you can strap on a snorkel and take a peek at the Faritos reef, go on a shopping tour AND take advantage of a delicious buffet and open bar. Don't mind if we do.
Day 11 Cancun.
Nooooo! After breakfast, it's back to the airport we go. Adios, Mexico! It's been one heck of a ride.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..