Europe Express, 11 Days, SAVE $199*
What you get...
- 11 Day trip departing London.
- 8 Nights accommodation in hostels.
- 2 Nights accommodation in bungalows at European campsites.
- 10 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 6 Dinners.
- Driving tour of Paris and gourmet picnic by the Eiffel Tower.
- Vaporetto ride in Venice.
- Walking tours of Venice, Munich and Amsterdam.
- Visit former concentration camp Dachau.
- English Channel crossings.
- Guided tours of all major cities.
- Awesome Trip Leader and Driver.
- Modern air-conditioned coach with FREE Wi-Fi.
- WAS $1999*, NOW $1800*, SAVE $199*.
London - Paris - Swiss Alps - Venice - Munich - Rhine Valley - Amsterdam
#Topdecker, meet Europe. Take in all the major highlights this fabulous continent has to offer (as well as some tucked-away gems), and discover why countries like France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany and the Netherlands are featured on everyone's Pinterest boards. The perfect trip for those who are big on ambition but short on time, the Europe Express will have you ticking off bucket list items faster than you can say 'group selfie'. Let's go!
Day 1 London to Paris.
All good things start with Paris. Meet the crew, grab some supplies and hit the road early in the morning as we jump across the English Channel. Pinch yourself and Instagram your first selfie before we kick off the trip with a driving tour and picnic next to the Eiffel Tower. Home to Coco Chanel, the Pompidou Centre and the Mona Lisa, Paris more than deserves its reputation as the European capital for all things culture, fashion and food. Now's your chance to find out why.
Day 2 Paris.
This morning: free time en Francais. From the Louvre and the Musee d'Orsay to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysees, you'll be sure to make a solid dent in your bucket list. Later on, you can stretch those legs on an optional bike tour of Paris, or simply roam the streets on your own. End your day with an optional Seine River cruise or a #throwback bohemian cabaret show.
Day 3 Paris to Swiss Alps.
Trade in Parisian streets for snowy peaks. Home to the highest point in Europe, 72 waterfalls and one of the largest nature conservations in Switzerland, Interlaken is where we'll be spending the night. Upon arrival, chow down on fondue and hit the bar for a nightcap.
Day 4 Swiss Alps.
Scenic hikes and jaw-dropping views are high on today's agenda. Go low key with a mountain walk or hop on board the Jungfraubahn railway for an optional visit to the Jungfrau Mountain summit. Expect fairytale villages en route and skydiving out of a helicopter upon arrival (if heights don't scare you). Another feast awaits your return, regardless of how you make your way back down.
Day 5 Swiss Alps to Venice.
Hand back the skis and yodel your way down the mountains into the land of the long boot. Then: say ciao to Venice! After checking into our accommodation, we'll have an Eat Pray Love-worthy relationship with an irresistible Italian (meal) and get pumped for living out our own version of The Italian Job tomorrow.
Day 6 Venice.
You know it as The Floating City, but this place is actually sinking (slowly). Today we'll check out a who's who of Venice's usual suspects on a guided walking tour (ticking off the likes of St Mark's Square and Accademia Bridge), then jump on a vaporetto to explore the Grand Canal. If that's not enough, you can also hop on an optional gondola ride. Throw away your map in the afternoon and try to find the world's most epic little bookshop, Libreria Acqua Alta, or just go on a mission to find the perfect gelato.
Day 7 Venice to Munich.
First today: a sobering visit to former concentration camp Dachau. Then: it's time to get to know the city where beer is officially considered a food. Your Trip Leader will clue you up on the Bavarian capital on a walking tour. Then: slide on your lederhosen and have a royal Happy Hour experience (none of that craft beer nonsense here) at the 428-year-old Hofbrauhaus. Did you know that the recipes here were passed down from Wilhelm V, the Duke of Bavaria? You do now!
Day 8 Munich to Rhine Valley.
Medieval castles, vineyards and the mighty Rhine River are all up next - so make sure to breathe in as we weave our way through narrow cobblestone streets and tunnels on our way there. Besides its obvious appeal (fairytale views over the Rhine, anyone?), half of Germany's wine comes from here. Shame not to try some.
Day 9 Rhine Valley to Amsterdam.
Start dreaming of cheese, clogs and cheeky cafe stops as we roll through tulip and windmill dotted fields to Amsterdam. DAM it's going to be a good day! Learn how cheddar and clogs are made, then get your bearings on a walking tour of the vibrant capital. We're talking the Dam Square, the Royal Palace and the National Monument, so get your cameras at the ready. For the perfect end to the perfect day, give in to temptation and grab a cone of hot chips with mayo. Mmm.
Day 10 Amsterdam.
Join 881,000 bikes and get your cycle on with an optional bike tour of Amsterdam's iconic canals, bridges and parks. Culture fiends, delve deeper with a visit to the Anne Frank House or the Van Gogh or Rijksmuseum. Still thirsty for more? Check out the Heineken Experience and indulge in a spot of beer tasting.
Day 11 Amsterdam to London.
After all the Amster-damage has been done, it's time to hit the road back to ol' Blighty. Soak up all the happy group vibes you can possibly handle - this is your last coach ride with the gang. #sadface.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..