Bravo Italia, 13 Days, SAVE $322*
What you get...
- 13 Day trip departing Rome.
- 12 Nights accommodation in hostels.
- 12 Breakfasts, 7 Dinners.
- Walking tours of Rome and Verona.
- Local guides in Assisi, Siena, Florence and Lucca.
- Wine tasting and al fresco dinner.
- Visit Pisa and see the famous Leaning Tower.
- Visit the picturesque villages of the Cinque Terre.
- Gondola ride in Venice.
- Visit Lake Garda.
- Smaller group size.
- Awesome Trip Leader and Driver.
- Modern air-conditioned coach with FREE Wi-Fi.
- WAS $3229*, NOW $2907*, SAVE $322*.
Rome - Amalfi Coast - Assisi - Florence - Cinque Terre - Venice
Discover the true meaning of 'the good life' as we spend 13 fab days exploring all that Italy has to offer. Artistic masterpieces, historic treasures, fascinating cities, amazing landscapes, delicious food, wonderful wine and buzzing nightlife. Italy's got it all! Ready to create memories that will last longer than the pasta on your plate? Let's do this.
Day 1 Rome.
Meet your Trip Leader and step back to 753 BC in one of the world's oldest open-air museums on a walking tour. Make like Caesar (the emperor, not the salad) and work up a 'colossus' hunger as you pass by the Pantheon, throw your two cents in the Trevi Fountain, sit on the Spanish Steps and visit ancient history's version of the Hunger Games set at the Colosseum. Tonight, you're in Disneyland for foodies. Have fun.
Day 2 Rome.
Create the ultimate Roman Holiday in one day with a whirlwind of Vespas, espresso, two-cheek kisses and pizza the way it's supposed to taste. Count your blessings on an optional tour of the Vatican City, then play 'I-spy' with two-and-a-half millennia worth of history. Want more? Then you could always shop till you drop on Via Condotti, head to Capitoline Hill for awesome views of the Roman Forum and Colosseum or just kick back in Piazza Navona for some dolce far niente (delicious idleness).
Day 3 Rome to Amalfi Coast.
Kick off your day with a pit stop at the UNESCO World Heritage Site and ancient city of Pompeii, which was abruptly buried one evening in 79AD by a volcanic eruption. After an optional guided tour and a chance to grab a bite to eat, we're off to the Amalfi Coast. Get your bearings, then feast at a local restaurant and soak up the atmosphere.
Day 4 Amalfi Coast.
The day is all yours. Why not head to the Isle of Capri to see the famous Blue Grotto or set off on your own down the Amalfi coast to Positano by local bus. Tonight: follow the sound of live music and load up on carbs at a local joint of your choosing. It's a tough life.
Day 5 Amalfi Coast to Assisi.
Down that cappucino, we're off to Assisi. Stare at the storybook landscape like a lovesick puppy on the way. See the frescoes at the St Francis Basilica with a local guide before splitting off to explore the 14th century streets on your own. Dinner's on us tonight.
Day 6 Assisi to Florence.
Shoot some espresso before we hit up Siena. A local guide will show you around the Renaissance sights before you get to explore. Psst. we'll need you to cover up as we're entering a sacred site. Tonight, we take Florence by storm.
Day 7 Florence.
Next up: a local Chianti wine tasting and an al fresco dinner in the Tuscan countryside. Then: Renaissance beauty meets Italian style. Explore the streets of Florence with a local guide today. Florence has more stories than Bilbo Baggins, more culture than a Shoreditch hipster, over 1,800 restaurants and it gave the world gelato. Say ciao to cheeky David and strut along the Ponte Vecchio, gelato in hand. Later, delve into a higher state of culinary consciousness.
Day 8 Florence to Cinque Terre.
Start off the day with a tour of the walled-in town of Lucca. Then, it's on to Pisa to get the shot with that famous tower. Final destination: the stunning Cinque Terre for a feast together at a local restaurant.
Day 9 Cinque Terre.
The five cliff-side villages of Cinque Terre didn't end up on the World Heritage list for nothing. And each has a vibe of its own. Completely void of corporate development and full of quirks, this is a place where la dolce vita is not so much encouraged as enforced. And it comes with a world-class glass of red. Not bad, huh?
Day 10 Cinque Terre to Venice.
Cruise Lake Garda, the largest in Italy, before rolling on to Verona where Romeo fell in love with Juliet. Set off on a walking tour to get your bearings. Tonight: time to explore the city on water and to tuck in to a local Venetian meal.
Day 11 Venice.
You know it as The Floating City, but this place is actually sinking (slowly). Today we'll check out a who's who of Venice's usual suspects on a guided walking tour (ticking off the likes of St Mark's Square and Accademia Bridge), then we'll jump on a gondola ride. Throw away your map in the afternoon and try to find the world's most epic little bookshop, Libreria Acqua Alta, or just go on a mission to find the perfect gelato.
Day 12 Venice to Rome.
Today there's a pit stop at the hilltop town of Orvieto to see the grand cathedral and dig into a wild boar panini. Next: All roads lead to Rome. End your day in true Italian fashion: at a local trattoria. It's been emotional.
Day 13 Rome.
You're on your own from here. But, Rome wasn't built in a day, so why not spend a few more days in this epic place and get to know it a little better?
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..