Essential Europe, 12 Days, SAVE $281 *
What you get...
- 12 Day trip departing London.
- 11 Nights accommodation (twin or double) in hotels.
- 11 Breakfasts & 4 Dinners.
- Canal dinner cruise in Amsterdam.
- Walking tour of Amsterdam.
- Walking tour of Munich.
- Gondola ride in Venice.
- Walking tour of Rome.
- Walking tour of Florence with a local guide.
- Walking tour of Lucerne.
- Driving tour of Paris and gourmet picnic by the Eiffel Tower.
- English Channel crossings.
- Guided tours of all major cities.
- Awesome Trip Leader and Driver.
- Modern air-conditioned coach with FREE Wi-Fi.
- WAS$2819*, NOW $2538*, SAVE $281*.
London - Amsterdam - Heidelberg - Munich - Venice - Rome - Florence - Lucerne - Paris
This European escape is like a pretty little package, all wrapped up in a bow. Think: a collection of fascinating cultures, plus some of the finest landscapes and most fabulous cities on the continent. From the vibrancy of Amsterdam to the ancient wonders of Rome, the traditional beer halls of Munich and everything else in between. Our Essential Europe truly is the best of the best.
Day 1 London to Amsterdam.
Meet with the crew and hit the road to Amsterdam. DAM it's going to be a good day! Get your bearings on a walking tour of the vibrant capital. We're talking the Dam Square, the Royal Palace and the National Monument, so get your cameras at the ready. For the perfect end to the perfect day, give in to temptation and grab a cone of hot chips with mayo. Mmm.
Day 2 Amsterdam.
Join 881,000 bikes and get your cycle on with an optional bike tour of Amsterdam's iconic canals, bridges and parks. Culture fiends, delve deeper with a visit to the Anne Frank House or the Van Gogh or Rijksmuseum. Still thirsty for more? Check out the Heineken Experience and indulge in a spot of beer tasting.
Day 3 Amsterdam to Heidelberg.
Picture the definition of pretty and you've got Heidelberg. Have a one day romantic affair with the city that will capture your heart with its charm. We're talking hilltop castle ruins, cobblestone quarters and a fairytale 18th century bridge crossing the River Neckar. Feast German style before taste-testing steins from the local beer houses.
Day 4 Heidelberg to Munich.
It's time to get to know the city where beer is officially considered a food. Your Trip Leader will clue you up on the Bavarian capital on a walking tour. Then: slide on your lederhosen and have a royal Happy Hour experience (none of that craft beer nonsense here) at the 428-year-old Hofbrauhaus. Did you know that the recipes here were passed down from Wilhelm V, the Duke of Bavaria? You do now!
Day 5 Munich to Venice.
You know it as The Floating City, but this place is actually sinking (slowly). Today we'll check out a who's who of Venice's usual suspects on a guided walking tour (ticking off the likes of St Mark's Square and Accademia Bridge), then jump on a gondola ride to get the full experience. Throw away your map in the afternoon and try to find the world's most epic little bookshop, Libreria Acqua Alta, or just go on a mission to find the perfect gelato.
Day 6 Venice to Rome.
Time to give that bucket list a workout! Make like Caesar (the emperor, not the salad) and work up a 'colossus' hunger as you pass by the Pantheon, throw your two cents in the Trevi Fountain, sit on the Spanish Steps and visit ancient history's version of the Hunger Games set at the Colosseum. Tonight, you're in Disneyland for foodies. Have fun.
Day 7 Rome.
Create the ultimate Roman Holiday in one day with a whirlwind of Vespas, espresso, two-cheek kisses and pizza the way it's supposed to taste. Count your blessings on an optional tour of the Vatican City, then play 'I-spy' with two-and-a-half millennia worth of history. Want more? Then you could always shop till you drop on Via Condotti, head to Capitoline Hill for awesome views of the Roman Forum and Colosseum or just kick back in Piazza Navona for some dolce far niente (delicious idleness).
Day 8 Rome to Florence.
Make your food baby sing as we roll into the land of hearty Tuscan cuisine and the birthplace of gelato: Florence. Set off on a walking tour with a local guide and make the most of your time here before tucking into amore on a plate. Shop, eat, shop, eat, explore then eat again.
Day 9 Florence to Lucerne.
Prepare for more #epicviews as we head to the lakeside town Lucerne. Check out the famous Lion Monument, Chapel Bridge, Glacier Gardens and Hofkirche on a guided tour. The way you spend the night is totally up to you.
Day 10 Lucerne to Paris.
Pinch yourself and Instagram your first selfie in Paris. That's right, you've made it! Home to Coco Chanel, the Eiffel Tower and the Mona Lisa, Paris has more than earned its reputation as the European capital for all things culture, fashion and food. Get ready.
Day 11 Paris.
This morning: free time. From the Louvre and the Musee d'Orsay to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysees, you'll be sure to make a solid dent in your bucket list. Later on, you can stretch those legs on an optional bike tour of Paris, or simply roam the streets on your own. End your day with an optional Seine River cruise or a cabaret show. Don't forget we've got a gourmet picnic by THAT famous tower tonight too.
Day 12 Paris to London.
Pack some macarons, or just, you know, keep travelling forever.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..