Boot Scoot N' Blues, 15 Days, SAVE $358*
What you get...
- 15 Day trip departing Dallas.
- 12 Nights accommodation in a Hotel.
- 2 Nights accommodation in Glamping Luxury Camping.
- 12 Breakfasts and 5 Dinners.
- Experiences: 12 included, 12 optional that you can add.
- Feast on Texas BBQ.
- Walking Tour of the French Quarter with tasting of pralines & beignets.
- New Orleans School of Cooking Demonstration & Dinner.
- See the Civil Rights Museum & Sun Studios.
- Visit Graceland.
- Tour & Tasting of Jack Daniels Distillery.
Optional Add On.
- Austin City Bicycle Tour.
- River Cruise.
- Airboat Swamp Tour.
- Visit the legendary Sun Studios.
- Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Horseback Riding.
- Services of an experienced Trip Leader/Manager.
- WAS $3589*, NOW $3231*, SAVE $358*.
Dallas - Fort Worth - Austin - San Antonio - Houston - New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville - Great Smoky Mountains - Atlanta
Day 1 Dallas to Fort Worth to Austin.
Feel the famed Southern hospitality as we meet up with the rest of our Contiki family in the 'bigger is better' scene of Dallas. From Fort Worth we'll head to the decidedly more laid-back vibes of Austin. You can't say we don't treat you. Diving straight into the local way of life, this evening you'll get to know your new travel crew over an authentic & mouthwatering Texas BBQ.
Day 2 Austin.
Today is yours to get the low-down on Texan life. You have the option to take to two wheels to see the sights on a city bicycle tour, pick yourself out some new cowboy boots or kick-back poolside to preserve your energy for a night on the town - Austin has a world famous music scene for a good reason.
Day 3 Austin to San Antonio.
Having conquered Austin, we'll venture onto San Antonio... Welcome to a charming melting pot of Spanish, Mexican & American infusions. After eating our way around the largest Mexican market outside of Mexico and enjoying a walking tour to get our bearings, a serene river walk will offer us shops, restaurants & music to soak up and enjoy.
Day 4 San Antonio to Houston.
Leaving San An feeling like a local, it's time to make our way to Texas' largest city. With huge belt buckles & portion sizes to match, Houston city certainly lives up to its larger than life reputation.
Day 5 Houston to New Orleans.
Bellies full of BBQ, we'll head to the romantic metrpolois of New Orleans The love-child of French & Caribbean culture, New Orleans will steal our hearts as soon as we arrive.
Day 6 New Orleans.
We'll kick off the festivities today with a swoon-worthy walking tour of the French quarter, jamming in Jackson Square before sampling beignets & marveling at Antebellum mansions, all to the sweet sounds of Southern jazz, of course. Then it's time to head for the New Orleans school of cooking to trade tales with your new friends over some traditional gumbo.
Day 7 New Orleans.
Now that you know New Orleans like one of the locals, it's your day to do your own thing. Stroll down Frenchmen street for the sounds of jazz and funk, head to the vast grassy oasis of the city park or check out the New Orleans museum of art for an extensive collection of gorgeous French masterpieces.
Day 8 New Orleans to Memphis.
Bidding farewell to New Orleans, we're off to another musical mecca... Welcome to Memphis. It's time to pay homage to 'The King' today, as we're going to Graceland, the iconic home of Elvis. Then it's time to pay appreciation to another King, Martin Luther King JR, as we visit the Civil Rights museum, learning all about this vital force in the civil rights movement, before heading to sun studios, the place where Elvis recorded his very first song. What a day; and we're not even done with Memphis yet.
Day 9 Memphis.
Now we're nice and intimate with Memphis, it's your own day to explore. Take a taste of traditional food in downtown, visit the museum of soul music, check out the famous zoo and aquarium or take a tour of the Wiseacre brewery. No matter what you choose to do today, you'll fall in love with this melodic city.
Day 10 Memphis to Nashville.
See ya, Memphis, Nashville is calling! Pull those boots out. Home to some of the musical greats, this city also played a crucial role in the civil rights movement. Tonight we'll have dinner at the famous woolworths where the first sit-in took place to desegregate lunch counters.
Day 11 Nashville.
Today is yours to explore Nashville but if you're into your music or just want to experience this place's local heritage, we recommend checking out the Johnny Cash museum, to learn all about one of the best selling artists of all time.
Day 12 Nashville.
Today it's time for more nourishing Nashville. Truly a musical paradise, a tour around the Country Music Hall of Fame will give us the low down on this city's musical past. Then, with the smell of Southern delicacies in the air, the city is ours to explore.
Day 13 Nashville to Great Smoky Mountains.
Thanks for the hospitality Nashville! Next, it's time to head Jack Daniels Distillery for a guided tour and whiskey sampling. before heading to the "Land of the Blue Smoke" Named by the Cherokee for its bluish haze and mist like clouds, we'll settle down in this mountain paradise with our luxury glamping yurts, surrounded by pristine views and lush forestlands. Tonight we'll swap stories under the canvas of stars.
Day 14 Great Smoky Mountains.
As well as all that natural beauty, the Smoky Mountains are packed with options for unforgettable adventure activities. Today you can try your hand at ziplining, soak up that scenery atop a horse or whizz around on your very own ATV. The choice is yours.
Day 15 Great Smoky Mountains to Atlanta.
Today, we travel to the cosmopolitan city of Atlanta where our tour ends on arrival. Tissues on deck & souvenirs in tow, it's time to say our goodbyes. This has been the journey of a lifetime, so make sure to keep in contact for a reunion trip soon...
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..