California Dreamin', 7 Days, SAVE $194*
What you get...
- 7 Day trip departing San Francisco.
- 6 Nights accommodation in a twin-share hotel.
- 5 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch and 3 Dinners.
- Street Art Walking Tour.
- Hike to the 18th Hole at PGA.
- Santa Monica Pier.
- See the end point of Route 66.
Optional Add On.
- San Francisco Bike Tour.
- Sunset Sailing.
- Morning Yoga Class.
- Surf Lesson.
- Stand-up Paddleboarding.
- Horseback Riding.
- Services of an experienced Trip Leader/Manager.
- WAS $1949*, NOW $1755*, SAVE $194*.
San Francisco - Santa Cruz - San Simeon - San Luis Obispo - Los Angeles
Day 1 San Francisco.
This afternoon we'll meet up with our Contiki family and waste no time getting stuck into San Fran, heading out for a walking tour of Union Square, North Beach and then into the world-famous Chinatown to chow down on some chow mein in a delicious family-style meal with your new friends.
Day 2 San Francisco.
This morning we'll jump on public transport and head to the Mission District to cast our eyes on the fantastic street art - we'll visit Clarion Alley and Precita Eyes Mural Arts & Visitor Center and maybe grab a breakfast burrito before exploring the rest of this amazing city. Bike the Golden Gate Bridge, head up to Haight/Ashbury - or the Haight as it is called - and explore the city's hippie past and hipster present. This dazzling city is made for walking. This afternoon, why not join us for a twilight sail under the Golden Bridge and around Alcatraz Island? It's one seriously swoon-worthy sunset.
Day 3 San Francisco.
You may have left your heart in San Francisco, but you'll find your groove in Santa Cruz. A quintessential California beach town, this is the place where surfing was blessed by the Hawaiian Royal family, in other words: welcome to the original surf city. We'll drive through the famous valley where FB, Google & Netflix are based, but we've got no time for that when beaches like these await. We'll take silvery seas over silicon chips any day. We'll spend our day exploring the boardwalk where the rides are on us - race you there. Chill on the beach, play beach volleyball or simply people watch.
Day 4 Santa Cruz.
This morning channel your inner Zen with a morning yoga class or find yourself learning to master the waves with a surf lesson. Either way the day is yours to roam the streets of this eclectic beach community. Grab a bike and ride down Pacific Avenue to shop & nosh, stop into the Hidden Peak Teahouse for a digital detox or worship the sun back at the beach.
Day 5 Santa Cruz to San Simeon.
We don't want to brag but... ok we will. Today's drive is simply mind-blowing - rugged coastline, giant redwoods, crashing waves and a stop at the 18th hole... Doesn't get much better than this. Leaving Santa Cruz, we drive through Monterey and Pacific Grove to the famous 17 mile drive, which takes us to the iconic landmarks of Spanish Bay, the Lone Cypress and the PGA Golf Course - Pebble Beach. We'll stop for a picnic lunch and a short walk before continuing on where we'll stop at the 18th hole. Back on the road we'll stop at the hidden but not secret restaurant Nepenthe, where we get a chance to chill take in the jaw dropping view, maybe indulge in an artisanal California cheese platter and imbibe in a cold beverage - deep breath and exhale. We'll arrive full and content at our home for the night in San Simeon.
Day 6 San Simeon to San Luis Obispo.
The adventure continues as we drive south towards San Luis Obispo (SLO) a town known for its history and University vibe but first we'll stop at a local farm to grab a snack before reaching some seductive sands... At Pismo you can opt into an ATV or Dune Buggy ride on the beach or for the wine lovers we have a perfect stop for you, a tasting and picnic at a family owned vineyard - complete with a chat with the owner to learn about their craft and personal story. Tonight, we'll check out the local farmer's market on Higuera St- grab a bite, shop for artisan crafts and meet the locals. It doesn't get more authentic than this.
Day 7 San Luis Obispo to Los Angeles.
Today we are off to SoCal (Southern California) - home to movie stars, real housewives and warm surf (wetsuits optional). First stop is Malibu or the "Bu". Don't believe all you've heard, because this town can be as chill as you like - we'll spend the afternoon at Zuma where you can lie on the beach, grab a paddle board or opt into a horseback ride. After some beachside bliss, we'll head down to... We've reached Santa Monica and the end of our sun-soaked adventure across the west coast. We say our sad farewells this evening, but we'll be dreaming of these Cali coastlines forever.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..