European Discovery, 12 Days, SAVE $299*
What you get...
- 12 Day trip departing London.
- 11 Nights accommodation in Hotels.
- 11 Breakfasts and 5 Dinners
- Learn how beer steins are crafted.
- Private boat through the canals & islands of Venice.
- Locally guided walking tour of Venice.
- See the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Piazza Venezia, The Vatican, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon & Piazza Navona.
- Gelato on us.
- Exclusive Paris by Night sightseeing tour.
- Get a view of Paris from the Montparnasse Tower.
- Visit a French perfumery.
- Wine Tasting.
- White Water Rafting.
- Gondola ride.
- Venetian Dinner.
- Vatican Tour.
- Tuscan evening.
- Services of an experienced Trip Leader/Manager.
- WAS $2995*, NOW $2696*, SAVE $299*.
London - Amsterdam - Rhine Valley - Munich - Austrian Tyrol - Venice - Rome - Florence - Lucerne - Paris
Day 1 London to Amsterdam.
Your heart-pounding adventure kicks off today. Meet up with your Contiki posse & share notes on London town before hitting the road to Amsterdam. Shortly before we find our ferry for Europe, we'll be taking in the English coastline beauty of the White Cliffs of Dover. They owe their gorgeousness to their composition of chalk - you're learning and we haven't even left the UK! Off the ferry we arrive in the port town of Calais - French soil! We travel north via Belgium before reaching ... Amsterdam! Cross off another country off your list as you cruise through Belgium on your way to Amsterdam. Tonight, the famed for fun Amsterdam is ours to explore following an optional evening canal cruise. An undisguised Red Light District & plenty of bars are there for the curious.
Day 2 Amsterdam to Rhine Valley.
Now it's time to pour some sunlight on the agenda & take in the beauty of canals, crooked buildings, obscure museums & a cafe culture like no other. After the scenic journey of fairytale castles, vineyards and valleys, you'll be charmed before we even arrive in Germany's famous Rhine Valley. This back-in-time town is our wine tasting host for the evening. Squeal!!!
Day 3 Rhine Valley to Munich.
Too much grape juice last night? Not to worry, the prospect of Munich should lift your spirits as we travel south & swap wine culture for beer. Today our eyes will be treated to a famous gothic clock, a charming old town & traditional Bavarian culture. You'll have the option to explore the side streets by bicycle and afterwards why not choose to explore one of the cities many beer halls, where you can try a stein of beer or even a pork knuckle!
Day 4 Munich to Austrian Tyrol.
Goodbye Munich, hello mountains. We're hitting the road in search of lands so sweet they made The Sound of Music. This part of the world is famous for adventure sports, so best put your name next to the optional White Water Rafting and get in the spirit of things. After some adventure time, its time to head to this famous Olympic town and your jaw will drop at the sight of the famous ski jump, and you'll have a chance to soak up the medieval old town atmosphere before it's back on the road to our Gasthof for the night! Tonight you'll rest up in a local Austrian Gasthof (guest house) that is waiting for us with open arms. With so much fresh air to breathe in outside, explore the dreamy setting we've descended upon.
Day 5 Austrian Tyrol to Venice.
Wake up roamers, we have a bountiful breakfast and a floating city in Italy to tend to. Life's tough! You'll think you've seen enough beauty for one day after taking in the Central Austrian Alps & Brenner Pass en route to Italy. And then we'll arrive in Venice & your jaw will hit the floor over hidden lanes, story book bridges & a private canal boat ride.
Day 6 Venice to Rome.
Farewell floating city, but Italy, we're not done with you yet, our next destination the Eternal City of Rome is just around the corner. The afternoon will really take it up a notch as we uncover Italian icons in the country's capital of Rome as you get a glimpse of it's glory by night. Gelato, pizza and ancient monuments - perfecto!
Day 7 Rome.
Rome wasn't built in a day - so get up and get going early to make the most of this ancient city. Vatican City When in Rome...take an optional guided tour of the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. Religious or not, the Vatican's Italian Renaissance church will send shivers down your spine. This is also the day to learn a thing or two about the Colosseum & do a bit of your own exploring. Then hit the streets for your own discoveries. Snap pink azaleas by the Colosseum, throw coins in fountains and sip espresso in a pretty street watching Italian life float by.
Day 8 Rome to Florence.
We may be hitting the road again, but we're not done with Italy just yet. We have one more city to lust over... The dome of Duomo Cathedral sits above the city making certain we know we have arrived in Florence. Take a moment to take in the unique beauty of this beautiful city where culture and la dolce vita is evident in every direction you look at. We'll become history buffs on a guided walking tour before we learn the art of leather. Tonight you can choose to begin your Tuscan love affair at an optional dinner - think olives, cured meats, crostini & wine.
Day 9 Florence to Lucerne.
Say a fond farewell to Italy, and hello to the land of creamy chocolate, cheese and not to mention watches. Hello Switzerland! Swans float under wooden bridges, snowcapped mountains stand regally behind us & chocolate tastes like heaven on earth. You're in the Swiss Alps & you cannot wipe the smile off your face. Eeek!!!
Day 10 Lucerne to Paris.
Out with the altitude, in with the inner-city Parisian bliss. Once we've crossed the border out of Switzerland we will be coasting through the pretty wine producing region of Burgundy before our arrival in Paris. Lamp-lit bridges, a sparkling Eiffel Tower, & evening coffee haunts, tonight we fall in love with everything Paris. Our Trip Manager fills us in on the city's secrets, then to celebrate our first night in the city, we'll head up the Montparnasse Tower.
Day 11 Paris.
Fragonard Perfumery now there's a place to check out, and stock up on perfume, obviously! Especially given the greatly discounted prices and authenticity of buying in France. Later you can drool over haute couture, admire the Notre Dame Cathedral whilst juggling coffee and crepes, & get artsy at the many exhibitions of the Louvre. Just don't wear yourself out, you will probably want to get involved with dinner and the Nouvelle Eve cabaret show. With your last night looming, make it one to remember in the city of lights.
Day 12 Paris to London.
Soak up your last dose of Paris this morning over a coffee and croissant and marvel at how much you've seen. And how close you've grown to your Contiki pals. Sob! Hop back on the coach for a complimentary transfer to CDG airport this morning, or stay onboard for the ride back to London. Plenty of time to start planning the next reunion.. What a journey! Say a fond farewell to the group as you wrap up the trip on arrival in London.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..