Real North India, 11 Days, SAVE $82*
What you get...
- 11 Day tour departing Delhi.
- 3 Nights accommodation in a Heritage Property.
- 4 Nights accommodation in a Hotel.
- 3 Nights accommodation in an overnight sleeper train.
- Transport by Auto-rickshaw, Cycle rickshaw, Jeep, Public bus, Private vehicle, Overnight sleeper train & Train.
- Included Activities:.
- Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple), Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour.
- Varanasi - Old City tour & Sunrise boat trip.
- Agra - Taj Mahal.
- Jaipur - Walking, Market tour, Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Wind) & Amber Fort.
- Bundi - Stepwell, Palace & Town walk.
- WAS $825*, NOW $743*, SAVE $82*.
Delhi - Varanasi - Agra - Jaipur - Bundi
Day 1 Delhi.
Namaste. Welcome to Delhi. Meet your tour leader and new travel mates at a 6 pm welcome meeting. If you arrive early, there's plenty to do in this wonderfully chaotic city. Wander the streets, sip on your first chai or practice haggling in one of the many markets. If you prefer some structure, there's a variety of Urban Adventure day tours that offer a great first taste of Delhi.
Day 2 Delhi.
This morning head out on a walking tour around the commercial heart of Delhi, visiting Chandni Chowk (Sheeshganj Gurudwara) and Connaught Place along the way. Explore Old Delhi on a bicycle rickshaw to dig that little bit deeper. You'll then have some free time to do as much sightseeing as you can, before boarding an overnight sleeper train bound for Varanasi. The journey should take around 13 hours and you'll arrive into Varanasi early in the morning.
Day 3 Varanasi.
Arrive into Varanasi early and head straight to the hotel to freshen up before plunging head first into this holy city, which is one of the world's oldest. Explore the narrow laneways and backstreets on a walking tour with your guide, before watching the world pass by along the ghats. Your evening is then free to do as you wish.
Day 4 Varanasi.
Wake up early and experience one of the highlights of your time in India. This morning, jump in boats and watch the sunrise over the Ganges. Pilgrims bathing, cremation fires and riverside haircuts - India is best before dawn and this is the best way to see it. The rest of your day is free to explore, before catching an overnight train to Agra tonight (approximately 11 hours).
Day 5 Agra.
Arrive into Agra early this morning, then head to the most iconic site in India, the Taj Mahal. The highlights of India just keep coming. You have a full day to explore Agra on a motorised rickshaw trip, with Agra Fort being another incredible optional activity in the afternoon. The rest of your day is then free.
Day 6 Jaipur.
Jump on a bus this morning and travel for around four hours to Rajasthan's pink capital, Jaipur. On arrival into the city stop off at the Hawa Mahal (pink sandstone palace) before heading to your hotel. Use the opportunity to freshen up and then venture out for a walking tour of the old city. In your spare time, perhaps take an optional tour of the Jaipur City Palace.
Day 7 Jaipur.
For many travellers, a hot air balloon experience is one of the highlights of Jaipur. Ballooning can be done over Jaipur on the morning of Day 7, between September and June. For additional information, please see the important notes section of your trip notes. Later in the morning, enjoy a guided tour of the medieval Amber Fort with a local guide. The rest of your day is then free to explore Jaipur on your own.
Day 8 Bundi.
Travel for around five hours this morning to Bundi, a tranquil town that feels like a world away from the chaos of Jaipur. Home to the famed stepwells (stairs that descend to pools or water or wells) and a ruined hilltop castle, it's a compact town best explored on foot. Meet your local guide and see this charming town through his eyes. Your guide will take you around the stepwells, Bundi Palace and may even point you in the right direction of best cup of chai in Rajasthan.
Day 9 Bundi.
Enjoy a free day to check out more of Bundi. Perhaps spend the day exploring the city's 50-odd stepwells. Stroll narrow lanes of blue houses, one of the many enduring signs of the Bundi's royal past. Or check out some of the city's temples or lakes. Otherwise, you can't go wrong with another cup of chai before settling in for this evening's ten-hour overnight train journey. Tonight, you'll hop a train bound for Delhi.
Day 10 Delhi.
Arrive into Delhi early, with the day free to do some more exploring. There are shopping experiences aplenty or perhaps book an Urban Adventure to get your last proper taste of India. An optional group dinner tonight is a great way to finish a memorable trip in this remarkable country.
Day 11 Delhi.
Your North India adventure ends after breakfast this morning. If you'd prefer to stay on in Delhi a little bit longer, then additional accommodation can be booked prior to travel (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..