Busabout Asia - 14 Days Thailand & Laos Adventure, SAVE $165
What you get...
- 12 Nights accommodation.
- 1 Night sleeper train.
- 12 Breakfasts and 2 lunches.
- Your fantastic Busabout crew.
- Orientation walks.
- Local guides in Thailand and Laos.
- Trips to Kuang Si waterfalls and the Blue Lagoon.
- Ladyboy caberet show.
- Mt Phousi sunset trip in Luang Prabang.
- Visit Ock Pop Tok Handicrafts Centre.
- Visit the COPE centre in Vientiane.
- All transport (train, longboat & private bus).
- All transport including private Mekong boat and bus.
- WAS $1649*, NOW $1484*, SAVE $165*.
Bangkok - Pai - Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai - Chiang Khong - Pakbeng - Luang Prabang - Vang Vieng - Vientiane
Day 1 Bangkok.
Your adventure begins in Bangkok where you'll meet your fantastic Busabout crew and fellow passengers before heading out to the infamous, even by Bangkok standards, backpacker area of Khaosan Road.
Day 2 Bangkok to Pai.
You have today to explore this vibrant capital. This evening we meet for our transfer to Bangkok's main station where we board our overnight train to the northern province of Chiang Mai. Settle in and relax as the rhythmic clack of the train tracks lulls you to sleep.
Day 3 Pai.
Our train arrives in Chiang Mai this morning. After a stop at the spectacular Pai Canyon, we arrive in Pai. Spend the rest of the day exploring or relaxing in a hot spring at the hotel. This evening we head into town to visit the famous night markets.
Day 4 Pai.
We hope you'll join us for our optional trek through the jungle to see the sights and sounds of the wilderness and meet remote villagers. This is our last evening in Pai so check off those last minute to dos and enjoy a drink in one of the numerous hippie-style bars.
Day 5 Pai to Chiang Mai.
We say goodbye to Pai and head back to Chiang Mai this morning. After a temple visit the rest of the day is yours to explore as you wish. How about a cooking class, or a Muay Thai show? After all the excitement, relax in one of Chiang Mai's great cafes.
Day 6 Chiang Mai.
Spend your time wandering the Old Town, join an excursion to an ethical Elephant Nature Park or a zip line tour through the jungle's canopy. This evening we head to night markets and dinner before a truly Thai experience at an included ladyboy caberet show.
Day 7 Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong.
Today we visit the bizarre ivory temple of Wat Rong Khun in Chiang Rai. We then proceed to the thundering falls of Khun Korn for some fantastic photos and a swim, before heading to Chiang Khong to spend an evening by the Mekong Rover enjoying our last night in Thailand.
Day 8 Chiang Khong to Pakbeng.
After passing through Laos immigration we board our private long boat on the Mekong River. Get snap happy and capture the natural beauty of Laos, listen to music, enjoy an included onboard buffet lunch and chat with your travel mates as we cruise along the river on our way to the village of Pakbeng.
Day 9 Pakbeng to Luang Prabang.
Today we make our way to Luang Prabang. Join your guides to roam the streets and explore the numerous markets and temples bathed in the rich atmosphere of this UNESCO listed cultural wonderland. Afterwards we watch the sunset from the best vantage point in town.
Day 10 Luang Prabang.
Join your guide for a trip to the cascading Kuang Si waterfalls to enjoy the scenery and take some jealousy inducing photos as you relax and swim in these picturesque surroundings. The rest of your day can be spent exploring the city before an evening at the markets.
Day 11 Luang Prabang to Vang Vieng.
This morning we have a unique local experience, giving aims to the procession of monks as they walk through the streets on their daily trek. Then we head south for our next destination, Vang Vieng. After arrival we'll visit the refreshing waters of the Blue Lagoon and later head out for dinner and a few warm up drinks.
Day 12 Vang Vieng.
Join us for an optional day trip, kayaking the Nam Song river. Cruising upon this refreshing lifeline is the perfect way to enjoy the natural beauty of Laos. Tonight, head out for dinner followed by another crazy night in this eclectic paradise.
Day 13 Vang Vieng to Vientiane.
Today we head to the Laotian capital of Vientiane. We explore the city's sights including the humanitarian COPE centre, the the Patuxai War Monument, the intricate gilded marvel of the Phat That Luang stupa, and more. Tonight after dinner we head out into the night for the big send off to our incredible Asian adventure.
Day 14 Vientiane.
Check-out is after breakfast. We hope to see you again
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..