What you get...
- Driving tour of St Petersburg with a local guide
- Visit the State Hermitage Museum
- Walking tour of Novgorod with a local guide
- Driving tour of Moscow with a local guide
- Guided tour of the Moscow Kremlin
- Guided tour of Moscow’s Metro
- Visit Lenin’s tomb
- Walking tour of Riga
- Visit the Hill of Crosses
- Walking tour of Vilnius
- Driving or walking tour of Warsaw (time dependent)
Tallinn - St - Novgorod - Moscow - Velikiye Luki - Riga - Vilnius - Warsaw - Berlin
Day 1 Tallinn, Estonia
What’s up, Tallinn? Meet the group and get ready for the ultimate Russian adventure! Pro tip: Old Town is where you'll get the best kind of Estonian #throwback vibes.
Day 2 Tallinn to St.
Russia is next! After crossing the border, we’ll embark on a tour of St Petersburg: the country’s former capital. Later, scoff some blini and caviar (yes, caviar) - and wash it all down with a shot of vodka, if you wish. When in Rome...
Day 3 St.
Today: a St Petersburg driving tour with a super knowledgeable local guide. Learn all the juicy insider info as you check out oh-so-many bucket list items. Anything called the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood has got to be worth a look (and it really is).
Day 4 St.
Dig into breakfast, then we’ll whisk you away for a guided tour of the Hermitage Museum. This place spans six palatial buildings, including the epic Winter Palace. You won’t want to miss this! Next: a spot of (window) shopping on Nevsky Prospect, the city’s main street.
Day 5 St.
Petersburg to Novgorod
Onwards through the Russian countryside to the World Heritage-listed city of Novgorod. While you’re here, why not try a drop of Medovukha (aka the Russian version of mead)?
Day 6 Novgorod to Moscow
We’ll roll into Moscow today, where the city is alive in rain, hail or shine.
Believe it or not, this city sparkles - so be prepared for an incredible few days ahead. As you explore the city, you’ll be able to spot tangible reminders of Russia’s involvement in modern history.
Day 7 Moscow
Swing by the greats on today's driving tour - including Moscow University, Red Square and St Basil's Cathedral.
Then: check out the Kremlin with our local guide before setting off to roam the streets. And tonight? You could always get fancy with an optional evening at the Russian ballet. Clink that champagne and get those binoculars at the ready!
Day 8 Moscow
Down we go for a guided tour of the not-so-mundane Moscow Metro.
If you’re picturing the Piccadilly or Central Line in London, think again. Not even close! We’re talking chandelier-lined stations, each one more decadent than the last. Later, we’ll keep our history lesson going with a visit to Lenin's tomb and an optional guided tour of the Kremlin Armoury.
Day 9 Moscow to Velikiye Luki
Today it’s out of Moscow and onwards to Velikiye Luki, where we’ll stay overnight.
Quick fact: this town is also known as ‘Small Stalingrad'. Who knew?
Day 10 Velikiye Luki to Riga, Latvia
Goodbye Russia, and hello Latvia.
Riga's up next - another World Heritage star in an already studded Baltic lineup. Late medieval sights and lots of art nouveau await us on today's guided walking tour. Key highlights include: Power Tower, the Freedom Monument and Riga Cathedral. Oh, and the impressive House of Blackheads building - but more on that later.
Day 11 Riga
You’ve got a free day today, so take the chance to explore Riga’s wooden buildings and medieval Old Town while you can.
Set on the Baltic Sea at the mouth of the River Daugava, Riga offers a wide range of water activities, from canal boat tours to swimming at the beach. Tonight, why not hit up the town’s cellar bars?
Day 12 Riga to Vilnius, Lithuania
Today we’ll set our sights on Vilnius: the capital of Lithuania.
This city is home to Europe's largest baroque Old Town and the world's only statue of Frank Zappa (we know - the connection escapes us, too). Today’s walking tour will cover the Town Hall, Gediminas Tower and Vilnius Cathedral. Pro tip: as you make your way around, keep an eye out for the Gate of Dawn and St Anne's Church.
Day 13 Vilnius to Warsaw, Poland
On today’s driving tour, you’ll find that modern day Warsaw is a far cry from its war-torn past.
Once home to Frederic Chopin and Marie Curie, the city has loads to offer when it comes to history and culture - and its nightlife doesn’t disappoint, either!
Day 14 Warsaw
Today, Warsaw is all yours.
From the Warsaw Rising Museum to the Neon Museum (which houses Poland’s collection of Cold War era neon signs), this city is sure to keep you busy. Make sure you take some time to stroll along the newly-refurbished riverbank or check out some great views from the top of the Palace of Science and Culture! Oh - and don’t leave the city tomorrow without trying some stuffed parcels of deliciousness called pierogi. Cottage cheese and onion fillings may sound unusual, but trust us -they don’t have our seal of approval for nothing.
Day 15 Warsaw to Berlin, Germany
Time to return to the scene of the crime, #Topdeckers: today it’s back to Berlin.
Tonight, we’ll reminisce over our amazing adventure over one last included dinner (sob).
Day 16 Berlin
We’re outta here after breakfast.
Swap numbers and start planning your next trip!
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..