The Med Runner
What you get...
- Walking tour of Valencia
- Driving tour of Barcelona
- Walking tour of Marseille
- Walking tour of Florence with a local guide
- Visit Pisa and see the famous Leaning Tower
- Walking tour of Rome
Madrid - Valencia - Barcelona - Marseille - Florence - Rome - Rome including Vatican City visit
Day 1 Madrid, Spain
Yessssss! It's Madrid time! This city is home to Spanish masterpieces (Picasso and Dalí, anyone?), buzzing nightlife AND the legendary Real Madrid FC.
Long story short? You won't run out of things to do here! Meet the group and prepare for the adventure ahead. This is gonna be awesome!
Day 2 Madrid
Don't miss a visit to the Chocolatería San Ginés - serving up some ah-mazing churros since 1894.
In the mood for chills? Kick back and relax in the Malasaña or Chueca neighbourhood. Shopping fiend? You'll be well catered for in the Salamanca district.
Day 3 Madrid to Valencia
Valencia, here we come! This coastal city has heaps to offer (and it isn't afraid to shout about it).
Oh - and did we mention it's also the home of paella? Make sure you hunt some down while you have the chance!
Day 4 Valencia to Barcelona
Next stop: Barça! Get your cameras charged and keep an eye out for those bucket list sights on today's driving tour.
Then: finish off the day in true Spanish style with an optional flamenco performance. Olé!
Day 5 Barcelona
Pull on your Barcelona shirt and go get your Gaudí fix.
La Sagrada Família, Casa Batlló and Park Güell: they're all here! Think you've eaten it all? We're willing to bet that you haven't! Why not tick a few more Spanish delicacies off the list at one of the city's amazing food markets?
Day 6 Barcelona to Marseille, France
Today we're off to Marseille.
Head out on an included walking tour and uncover the delights this port city has to offer. It's multiculturalism and history at its best!
Day 7 Marseille
Any sailing fans out there? Mast-to-mast with yachts, Marseille's Vieux Port is a little slice of maritime heaven.
Later on, dig into some local French fare and watch the sun set over the port. Charming, really.
Day 8 Marseille to Florence, Italy
Time to make your food baby sing! Today we'll set a course for the home of Tuscan cuisine: Florence.
Whip around Santa Maria del Fiore before ending your day in true Italian fashion: in a carb induced coma following tonight's included dinner.
Day 9 Florence
Florence has more stories than Bilbo Baggins, more culture than a Shoreditch hipster, over 1,800 restaurants AND it gave the world gelato.
Get schooled on the Medici family, stroll the Ponte Vecchio (the only bridge not bombed in WWII) and get an in-depth tour of the city with a local guide.
Day 10 Florence to Rome
Time to give that bucket list a workout - we're off to Rome! Did someone say walking tour? We'll pass by the Pantheon, throw our two cents in the Trevi Fountain, sit on the Spanish Steps and check out the mighty Colosseum before the day is done.
Tonight, you're in Disneyland for foodies. Have fun!
Day 11 Rome including Vatican City visit
It wouldn't be Rome without a visit to the Pope - so hop on an optional tour and catch the 360-degree view from the Basilica.
After that, we'll say goodbye. Make sure to swap numbers!
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..