Berlin to Budapest by Train, 9 Days,SAVE $636*
What you get...
- 9 Days trip departing Berlin.
- 8 Nights accommodation in a Hotel.
- 8 Breakfasts and 2 Dinners.
- Sightseeing as per itinerary.
- Services of an experienced Trip Leader/Manager.
- Free time Add-Ons:.
- Berlin Bike Tour.
- WAS $2545*, NOW $1909*, SAVE $636*.
Arrive Berlin - Berlin - Prague - Vienna - Budapest - End Budapest
Day 1 Arrive Berlin.
Hallo Berlin This eclectic, richly historical and culturally charming city will blow us away as soon as we arrive. And once we've met our Contiki Fam, we'll bond over a traditional German dinner at the Hofbrauhaus, shouting 'PROST' and clinking huge steins of the most famous beer in the world. Then, the evening is yours to explore the city's world-famous nightlife. The buzzing scene here is a joyous tribute to German reunification, and since the fall of the Berlin Wall the city has staked its claim as the techno capital of the world.
Day 2 Berlin.
This morning we'll get to enjoy an exclusive Contiki Cares experience with a social enterprise called Refugee Voices, learning from young refugees on a fascinating walking tour that draws parallels between the city's turbulent past and the situation in modern Syria. The rest of the day is yours - why not spend the afternoon eating your way through Berlin's hipster Kreuzberg district? Or feel the exhilarating rush of a 'base-jump' off a building with a safety-harness?
Day 3 Berlin to Prague.
Berlin you've been a blast, but we're making tracks for new adventures today, jumping on the train to Prague. Arriving in Prague, we'll explore the cobblestones, cathedrals and castles on a walking tour, before refuelling with a traditional Czech dinner in an spectacular converted wine cellar. Believe us when we say that the beer here is the best in Europe. The next day you can take an optional bike tour, learning about the art of David Verny, or cruise the Vltava River, enjoy some street food or take a tour of Prague's world famous micro-breweries.
Day 4 Prague.
Make the most of your free day today by signing up for a morning bicycle tour, the perfect way to navigate the narrow alleyways and quaint corners of the city otherwise forgotten. Or maybe catch the tram to one of Prague's outer neighbourhoods like hipster Vrsovice, boasting art nouveau buildings, offbeat coffee haunts and streets lined with communal pianos. Other options include cruising the Vltava River, enjoying some street food or taking a tour of Prague's world famous micro-breweries.
Day 5 Prague to Vienna.
We're jumping on another train today and making our way to Austria Kutna Hora Ah Vienna We'll kick things off in this grand capital with a foodie walking tour (strudel and schnaps - yes please) and explore the opulent classical architecture and wide streets. We'll end the evening like a local, watching the sun set over the Donaukanal at a gorgeous beach bar.
Day 6 Vienna.
Waking up in the stunning capital of Vienna, a city known for its coffee culture and baroque architecture, we'll have plenty of adventures to pursue today. Opt to take a Kick Bike tour to explore the city's heritage-rich streets and buildings on two wheels. Finish your day at one of the world's most historic theme parks: Prader, and eat some schnitzels in the leafy surrounding park.
Day 7 Vienna to Budapest.
Today we're making our way to Hungary Another scenic train ride will take us into the grandeur of Budapest. Tonight we'll enjoy the best way to experience the city's flamboyant architecture, as we take a dreamy nighttime cruise down the Danube, getting to see all of Budapest's historical buildings from the water as we enjoy an authentic 3 course feast.
Day 8 Budapest.
Today we'll skip the lines and beat the crowds at Budapest's most famous thermal baths - Szechenyi - enjoying the most traditional spa experience in the world. The water here is supplied by 2 thermal springs to make up the largest medicinal baths in Europe. Then, an expert local guide will lead us through the Central Markets, giving us a masterclass on how to make classic dishes like Goulash. After dinner, why not head to Budapest's iconic Ruin Bar and experience the famous underground party scene.
Day 9 End Budapest.
Today we say farewell to our Contiki family and our European adventure, but we'll stay in touch, and we'll no doubt be back soon enough.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..