What you get...
- Felucca boat ride
- Visit a Nubian village
- Visit Abu Simbel
- Visit Karnak and Luxor temples
- Visit the Valley of the Kings
- Visit the Egyptian Museum
- See the Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza Plateau
Cairo - Aswan via Overnight Coach - Aswan - Luxor - Cairo via Overnight Coach
Day 1 Cairo to Aswan via Overnight Coach
Get pumped – you’re in Cairo! Touch down and meet us at the airport for your transfer to Aswan.
En route, you’ll have plenty of time to get to know your new trip mates. Kick back and get comfy, ‘cos tomorrow the adventure begins!
Day 2 Aswan
Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Lord Byron.
.. they've all done it. Now it's your turn! Go low tech with a ride on a felucca sailboat down the Nile and get comfy on the cushion-strewn deck. Try not to doze off, though - we've got a traditional Nubian village to get to! Here you can pick up handmade souvenirs, stroll past pretty multicoloured houses and get up close and personal with Aswan's unique culture. If you fancy it, you can even opt in to take a camel ride (talk about life goals) or chow down on an authentic Nubian dinner. Top tip: try the ful.
Day 3 Aswan
Roll out of bed and prepare to feel like a small fry as you gaze up at the four colossal statues of Ramses II at Abu Simbel (you’ll want to make sure there’s space in your camera roll for this one).
The afternoon will be yours to spend sipping on a cool beverage by the pool or exploring the city’s colourful bazaars before we get back together for a visit to a local ahwa (that’s ‘coffee shop’ to you and me).
Day 4 Aswan to Luxor
Today it’s time for a well-earned touch of Luxor – also known as ‘the world’s greatest open-air museum’.
Once the capital of ancient Egypt, it’s now a history-laden landscape of souks and temples. Your challenge today is to see as much of it as possible. And… go! We’ll kick things off with tours of Karnak Temple (the largest religious building ever made) and Luxor Temple, one of the best preserved of all of Egypt’s ancient monuments. All together now: wowwww.
Day 5 Luxor to Cairo via Overnight Coach
Next up: the Valley of the Kings (aka the place everyone in ancient Egypt was ‘dying’ to get into).
Expect tombs, and lots of them – plus a whole bunch of amazingly vibrant wall art that’s been waiting for you to come visit it for thousands of years. And did we mention that you’ll have a super knowledgeable Egyptologist as your guide? Listen up and learn the stories of the pharaohs as you pass from tomb to tomb. Tonight, it’s back on the road again as we journey back to Cairo.
Day 6 Cairo
Back in Cairo, we’ll hit up the Egyptian Museum – where we’ll check out King Tutankhamun’s treasure chest.
Then: get some perspective at the base of the 138 m Great Pyramid of Giza and the Sphinx. Trust us, even your goosebumps will get goosebumps! To toast your final night with your fellow Topdeckers, why not take an optional Nile dinner cruise? Fancy.
Day 7 Cairo
The trip ends here (well, breakfast first), but you can stick around if you want to.
Pop on that fedora and keep on exploring, Indy!
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..