Spanish Spree, 14 Days, SAVE $873*
What you get...
- 14 Days trip departing Madrid.
- 13 nights accommodation in a Hotel.
- 13 Breakfasts and 6 Dinners.
- Take a locally guided tour of the gilded Royal Palace in Madrid.
- Explore Barcelona's Gothic beauty on a walking tour including Las Ramblas.
- Flight to the famous island of Ibiza.
- Scenic drive past the towns of Marbella and Malaga.
- Visit the UNESCO World heritage listed Mosque of the Caliphs in Cordoba.
- See the Alcazar fortress and Gothic cathedral in Toledo.
Free time Add-ons:.
- Explore the baroque beauty of Barcelona with a bike tour.
- Experience the passion of a flamenco show then top off the evening with some tapas.
- Eat with the locals on the rooftops of Seville and be serenaded with Spanish guitar.
- Guided walking Tour Inc.
- WAS $4599*, NOW $3726*, SAVE $873*.
Arrive Madrid - Madrid - Bilbao - Pamplona - Barcelona - Ibiza - Granada - Seville - Cordoba - Depart Madrid
Day 1 Arrive Madrid.
Join forces with your new wolf-pack tonight over dinner in the metro magic of Madrid. Tomorrow will be a whole world of discovery, so you'll be thankful for your luxe hotel sleep.
Day 2 Madrid.
An epic collision of new-age vibes & tradition, Madrid is going to leave you love-struck. Artistic, vibrant and filled with culinary hotspots, your spare time between seeing the Gran Via, Plaza de Espana, Royal Palace (included entry) & Puerta del Sol (the city's main square) will not go to waste as you explore the heart of the city with our Trip Manager giving you the fast track on everything Madrid. Madrid's nightlife is pumping, so grab some tapas, sangria and your dancing shoes, for a night out on the town.
Day 3 Madrid to Bilbao.
The first leg of our Iberian roadtrip kicks off this morning as we travel north in search of Segovia and Bilbao. We couldn't race to our night's stop without letting you in on the pretty hillside town of Segovia. We'll marvel at the ancient bridge of Roman Aqueduct, made up of 166 granite arches, and feel the pang of jealousy at this town's suite of mansions. Bilbao might get bragging rights to being an up-and-coming cultural hub of Spain, but that hasn't diminished its uber laid back spirit. Home of one of the world's most famous museums, the Museo Guggenheim, use your afternoon to play art critique and absorb Bilbao's pretty surrounds and architecture. Tonight, you can choose to feast on regional delicacies until you are full to the brim, making sure that going home hungry is not an option. Nom.
Day 4 Bilbao to Pamplona.
Adios Bilbao Thanks for a delicious evening in your super cozy, culture buzzing nest. Next stop, ocean hangs. What a way to start your day - dipping in the Bay of Biscay. San Sebastian is a postcard town where cobbled lanes slope towards pristine beaches. Take a dip, do some shopping, or sit in a bar eating endless plates of pinxtos (the basque word for tapas). Although Pamplona may be known for its Running of the Bulls mayhem, that doesn't interfere with its popularity right through the year. Opt to venture through the well-preserved old town and its incredible gothic cathedral on our walking tour, maybe ending the historical fix with a spot of fresh trout and red peppers - a regional specialty.
Day 5 Pamplona to Barcelona.
This morning we spread our wings and take metaphorical flight once again, this time in the direction of Zaragoza with an end goal of none other than bustling Barcelona. A colourful cathedral & traditional Spanish churros will set our hearts aflutter in Zaragoza, as we roam the casco (old town) soaking up historic architecture and good vibes aplenty. Even the pit stops are amazing on Contiki. With 2-nights in Barcelona, you'll be pronouncing Barcelona's C with a "tthh" like a true local by the time we make tracks. We'll kick things off with a walk through the Gothic Quarter & La Rambla district - two of the city's must-do's for an instant look at this pretty spot, and a sure way to feel like a local in no time.
Day 6 Barcelona.
Sample some paella, and take an unmissable wander through the colourful gardens of Parc Guell for a look at the architecture that has helped put this city on the map. Beach lovers could head to the shores of the Mediterranean Sea - the day is yours to do with as you please. And chances are the optional Barcelona Bike Tour should be very high on your Barcelona bucket-list.
Day 7 Barcelona to Ibiza.
Today is a complete change of scene as we take flight (this time literally) to Ibiza baby The crystal clear waters, music and chilled out vibes are calling us for the next two nights. Let's do this Worshiped world wide as the party destination to end all party destinations. Super clubs, super DJs, super strobes like you've never seen them before, and that's just the island's 3am draw cards. For those that like to take the chilled approach, the island's beaches need to be seen to be believed. We like to call them heavenly. Ahhh bliss.
Day 8 Ibiza.
Although this seems to be an island that never sleeps, you're going to need to drag that head out of bed so you can see the incredible beauty of the place when drenched in daylight. Go snorkelling, explore Ibiza's cute old town and it's little souvenir shops, and watch the sun set on another perfect day with your Contiki fam.
Day 9 Ibiza to Granada.
Today we ferry back to the main land with Ibiza ticked off our bucket list. Granada is brimming with romance and offering an eclectic mix of Arab and Spanish feels only to be found in Andalusia, this is one place you may never want to leave.
Day 10 Granada.
We start the morning with free time to explore. You can fill yours by opting for a guided tour of the Muslim quarter of Albaicin & the Capilla Real, and while you're at it, fill up on some of Granada's incredible food, like its famous Arab pastries. This afternoon we head to Spain's number 1 visited attraction, the Alhambra Palace. We'll discover the breathtaking beauty and history of this Moorish Palace, with its intricate patterns and detailed architecture that will leave you spellbound, and wondering why you haven't been here sooner. To top it off, Alhambra offers the best views of the city.
Day 11 Granada to Seville.
Bouncing out of bed should be no problem this morning, given the day of exploration we have laying ahead. Seville, we're coming in hot With an English rock (aptly named the Rock of Gibraltar), this English colony can be explored on an optional tour of the rock with our guide, where you'll see the far reaching landscapes, as well as get up close to the cheekier residents, monkeys or Barbary Apes if you're wanting to keep it official Just try and make sure they don't steal your hat. Visit St. Michael's Caves, and the 'Den' but the views are the jewel in the crown. Utter bliss. 13th century architecture and one of the world's biggest cathedrals wait for us in the passionate arms of south Spain's Seville. Stroll the city's river and preserve some energy for tomorrow's day of exploring local haunts and enjoying the balmy weather of this region.
Day 12 Seville to Cordoba.
In no hurry to leave Seville, we'll lap up a morning of sightseeing, including the flamboyant Plaza d'Espana and the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Alcazar. You'll also have time to do your own thing, perhaps visit Christopher Columbus' tomb, check out one of the oldest bullrings in Spain, or find some gems at El Jueves street market. Through the heart of rural Andalusia our journey continues, finally placing us in the old-world feels of Cordoba. Flowers overflow from storybook balconies & charming little lanes will take your breath away. Free time to fall head over heels with this place and a trip to the Mezquita (Mosque of the Caliphs) will perfect your day, as would a relaxing bath house experience to soothe your travelling bones.
Day 13 Cordoba to Madrid.
Our last full day on tour. But save the sadness for tomorrow, as today we take the scenic journey back to Madrid for one final evening of fun. Mosques, churches and medieval buildings sit atop the hill town of Toledo. We'll uncover the city's gothic cathedral, the famous Renaissance sculptor, painter and architect El Greco's house and the site of sieges, revolutions and treason. Just another pit-stop in our life in the glorious Spain. Here we are, back where the party started 13 life-changing days ago. A traditional dinner of the city's specialities is up for grabs this evening, an unmissable final salute to the culture filled extravaganza that has been our journey.
Day 14 Depart Madrid.
We started just two short weeks ago, and now we're flooded with new memories & friends, it feels like a lifetime has past.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..