Best of Antarctica, 11 Days
What you get...
11 day tour departing Ushuaia. 10 nights accommodation in a Expedition Voyage. 10 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches and 9 Dinners. Transport by Expedition cruise ship, Zodiac. WAS $13700*, NOW $10960*, SAVE $2740*
Day 1 Ushuaia. Welcome to Ushuaia, Argentina, the world's southernmost city. You'll be briefed at the hotel tonight on the journey and details for tomorrow's embarkation, but if you happen to arrive early there are a surprising amount of ways to entertain yourself at 'the End of the World'. Check out the Museo Maritimo to brush up on the region's history, or take a stroll down Avenida San Martin if you're after any last-minute essentials before departing. Oh, and did we mention this is Argentina - if all else fails, head to a local restaurant to get your fill of red wine and steak. Muy bueno. Day 2 Ushuaia to Embarkation Day. This afternoon you'll board the Ocean Endeavour, settle into your cabin and begin cruising down the stunning Beagle Channel, named for Charles Darwin's ship. The channel transects the Tierra del Fuego archipelago in the extreme south of South America, and as the ship pulls away from port there's always an air of anticipation. Wave goodbye to Argentina and know that the next time you see land you'll be staring at Antarctica. Day 3-4 Drake Passage. The time has come to cross the Drake Passage, the legendary body of water named after English explorer Sir Francis Drake. If the conditions are right, enjoy some time out on deck to spot dolphins, orcas or perhaps albatross. If the waters are a little rough, the Ocean Endeavour is equipped with some seriously lush facilities for you to take advantage of. As well as safety briefings, a comprehensive lecture program will run throughout the journey delivered by experts in Antarctica's history, geology and biology. With any luck we'll make it to land by early evening on Day 4 - a moment that always brings much excitement. Day 5-8 Antarctic Peninsula. The adventure truly begins once the Antarctic Convergence is left in your wake and exchanged for four incredible days of exploring the Antarctic Peninsula. Stare wide-eyed at glaciers, mountains and an unimaginable array of wildlife as the sheer magnitude and rawness of the area comes to light. Every day is a new adventure, and you'll explore ice-filled bays and channels as well as Antarctica itself on Zodiac excursions and by foot. While the landscapes will no doubt take your breath away, Antarctica is all about the wildlife. Visit penguin rookeries, spot humpback and minke whales and look out for leopard seals, all while calving glaciers crack through the immense silence. The landing sites visited will depend on the ship's location and weather conditions, but for information on potential landing sites please visit: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/antarctica-landing-sites Day 9-10 At Sea. Say goodbye to the Antarctic Peninsula as we begin our return leg to Ushuaia. Take the opportunity to share photographs with fellow travellers, use your now expert skills in wildlife spotting and enjoy the final lectures from your polar experts. It's also a great opportunity to make use of the Ocean Endeavour's health and wellness facilities, including its saunas, spa, heated pool, yoga classes and gym. Day 11 Ushuaia to Disembarkation Day. Your Antarctic adventure draws to a close after breakfast this morning. Farewell your shipmates and transfer to the airport if you're flying out today, or perhaps spend some more time exploring this incredible part of the world.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 8 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..