Surf, Sand & Souks
What you get...
- Visit Hassan II Mosque
- City tour of Chefchaouen
- Visit the archaeological site of Volubilis
- City tour of Fes
- City tour of Marrakech
- City tour of Essaouira
Casablanca - Chefchaouen - Fes via Volubilis - Fes - Marrakech - Marrakesh - Taghazout - Essaouira
Day 1 Casablanca, Morocco to Chefchaouen
Morocco, let’s do this! Brace yourself for Casablanca’s mix of sparkling waters, palm-fringed avenues, street art and colonial buildings.
Ahhh – doesn’t it feel great to be here? After this morning’s welcome meeting, we’ll check out the seriously impressive Hassan II Mosque – a religious and cultural complex topped off with the tallest minaret in the world. And then? Off to Chefchaouen we go! You’ll soon see why this place is known as the ‘blue city’...
Day 2 Chefchaouen to Fes via Volubilis
First up today: a guided walking tour of the medina will make your Insta story pop with brilliant blue and white buildings and terracotta tiles.
Then: put on your archaeology hat, ‘cos we’re off to Volubilis to check out the Roman ruins. Want more history? Good! Tonight we’ll be heading deep into the heart of old Morocco on our journey to Fes.
Day 3 Fes
Hellooo, city tour! You’ve got a whole day to get all up in the winding alleyways and buzzing souks of Fes el Bali.
Yes! As we make our way around we’ll tick off the likes of the Jewish Quarter, the Royal Palace and a traditional ceramics factory for a true insight into the local culture. Later on, why not head over to The Ruined Garden (Google it) for a spot of Moroccan tapas?
Day 4 Fes to Marrakech
Next stop, Marrakech! When we get there, the evening will be yours to spend exploring the old medina as you please.
Think: henna artists, street performers, storytellers and stall after stall crammed full of tantalising local delicacies. It’s weird, it’s wonderful, and it’s like nowhere else on earth. Enjoy!
Day 5 Marrakech
You haven't done Marrakech until a local guide has shown you the sights.
Fact! That's why we'll be hitting the streets today for a walking tour featuring busy souks, Koutoubia Mosque and the famous Jemaa el-Fna square. Ready to take on those bazaars? Yeah, you are! Oh - and did we mention today's awesome array of optional extras? Take your pick from quad biking in the rock desert, a tagine cooking class or a cycling tour of the Palmery. Just... wow!
Day 6 Marrakesh
What’s it gonna be today? The choice is yours! That’s right, you’ve got a free day to take on the city your way.
Get the full Moroccan spa treatment at a hammam, go souvenir shopping or simply let your tummy lead the way. Wanna get out of town? You could always hop on one of today’s optional tours! Choose from a cycling day tour in the Atlas Mountains or a trip to the flower-dotted Ourika Valley.
Day 7 Marrakech to Taghazout
We’ve done the souks.
Now it’s time for sand and surf! Get pumped – today we’re off to the laid-back surfer’s paradise that is Taghazout. Welcome to some of the most famous breaks in Morocco! Tonight, laze by the pool and plan all the things you wanna do tomorrow. Exciting times!
Day 8 Taghazout
Awww, yeah! You’ve got a free day to spend chilling at the beach, taking epic photos, splashing in the sea, sunbathing and sipping mint tea.
This is what it’s all about! Taghazout, you’re our kinda place. Wanna see our optional extras menu? We’re glad you asked. Take your pick from yoga, paddle boarding, a surf class or a trip to the VERY aptly named Paradise Valley. What a day!
Day 9 Taghazout to Essaouira
Give one last shaka to Taghazout – today we’ll be kicking it up the Atlantic Coast to the fishing town of Essaouira (it’s pronounced ‘Essa-weera’, if you’re wondering).
A walking tour through the medina, the port and along the Scala (sea wall) will help you get your bearings before we come together for a super emotional farewell dinner in a local restaurant. No, you’re crying. Also today: optional kayaking. Keen?
Day 10 Essaouira
We hate to say it, but it’s time to go home! One last breakfast, then the party’s over.
Same time next year?
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 07 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..