A Journey to the West
What you get...
Magnificent Rottnest IslandThe sights of Perth, taking in beautiful Kings Park ExploreShoalwater Bay’s wildlife sanctuaryWalk the length of the historic Busselton Jetty ImmerseLearn about local Indigenous culture and bush tucker at Cape NaturalisteTake a locally guided walking tour through historic Fremantle RelaxEnjoy some of Australia’s best wines in Margaret RiverStay in luxury at the InterContinental Perth and beautiful boutique regional accommodation
Hand-picked accommodationComplimentary refreshments throughout the journeyAirport Transfers (see flight information below)
On arrival in Perth spend time on your own to relax or explore the surroundings. This evening meet your Journey Director and new travelling companions at your hotel for a Welcome Reception with local Western Australian wine and beers along with local produce canapés.
This morning enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the hotel before you head out for a city tour. Your Journey Director will show you the must-see sights including Elizabeth Quay, Yagan Square and you will have time to explore Kings Park with its sweeping city views and some of the 3,000 species of the State’s unique flora. This afternoon is free for you to relax or explore more of the city. Tonight, you will dine in the heart of Perth’s historical, cultural and dining precinct at the State Buildings.
Today you head to world-renowned winery region of Margaret River. Leaving Perth behind, your first stop is Penguin Island. With its white sandy beaches surrounded by crystal clear water, Penguin Island lays in the heart of the ruggedly spectacular Shoalwater Islands Marine Park. Here you will board your boat to cruise through Shoalwater Bay’s Wildlife Sanctuary to see bottlenose dolphins, Australian sea lions and sea birds such as Spinebills and Goshawks. Afterwards, you’ll continue south to explore the historic Busselton Jetty that has been standing for more than 150 years. There is the chance to explore the jetty on foot or take the Jetty Train along this 1.7km timber piled jetty that is the longest in the Southern Hemisphere. Nestled on the white sandy beaches your accommodation for the night is the 5 star Pullman Bunker Bay. Enjoy dinner at the Other Side of the Moon Restaurant, where you will dine on an array of fresh locally sourced seasonal produce with local wines.
Your day begins with a moving ‘Welcome to Country’ ceremony as part of your Indigenous experience at Cape Naturaliste. Your local guide will escort you on an interactive walk around Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse precinct, where they interpret the land through the eyes of an Indigenous custodian, followed by an artefact interpretation and didgeridoo experience. From Cape Naturaliste you’ll drive through the vineyard lined roads to your Margaret River winery experience. Upon arrival, the winemakers will take you on a guided walk through the rolling vineyard, followed by a Local Dining Experience at a degustation lunch with matching wines at Hay Shed Hill. After you have indulged in your long lunch, there is time to explore the quaint town of Margaret River before returning to your hotel.
Leaving the wine country behind you journey back up the beautiful south west coastline towards Fremantle. Upon arrival, you will board your catamaran and escape across the open ocean to the magnificent and historic Rottnest Island. Kick back on soft sand beaches, see abundant marine life and meet the happiest little animal on earth, the quokka. Enjoy the last rays of the day with the sun setting over the west from your eco self-contained glamping tent.
Wake up on the island paradise that is Rottnest Island utterly surrounded by friendly resident quokkas. Take a leisurely stroll along the white sandy beaches and perfect turquoise waters or just enjoy the seclusion of your island paradise from the balcony of your eco tent. Later this morning you will embark on a locally guided Discovery Rottnest tour of the island. This 90 minute experience takes you to some of Rottnest’s most spectacular locations. You’ll experience the island’s diverse flora, fauna, history and culture and get the chance to spot a quokka or two. This afternoon you’ll leave your island dream behind and cruise back to seaside Fremantle. After relaxing at your hotel, meet up with your fellow travellers for your Celebration Dinner. Local Western Australian wines will match with the seasonal farm to table menu.
This morning you will join your local expert guide for an immersive walking tour of historic Fremantle. Departing from the hotel, enjoy a relaxed, informative and conversational walk and talk that is designed to entertain and educate. Walk into the past, present and future and get unique insight into the well-preserved architectural heritage. End your walking tour at the vibrant Fremantle Markets or back at your hotel as your Inspiring Journey comes to an end. You will be transferred by private car to Perth Airport for your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 April 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 07 April 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.