South Western Escape
What you get...
Visit Wave RockExperience a Gold Mine tour with a local guideWalk on the whitest sand you’ve ever seen at Thistle Cove and Lucky Bay in Cape Le Grand National ParkExplore the National Anzac Centre in AlbanyWalk high above the canopy of tingle trees at Valley of the Giants Tree Top WalkIndulge in a delicious lunch and wine tasting ata local Margaret River WineryRelax and enjoy FremantleWander through fascinating Fremantle Prison with a local guide
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below)
Begin your adventure in the dynamic south west by joining your Travel Director for a tour of the friendly Western Australian capital. Visit Kings Park and explore its delightful Botanic Gardens on the broad expanse of the Swan River. This evening, enjoy the company of your fellow travellers at a Welcome Reception and dinner.
Journey through the Golden Outback to Boddington, the site of Australia’s largest gold mine. Continue to Wave Rock, a magnificent, solitary rock formation in the shape of giant wave formed over three million years ago. This evening, you’ll dine at your hotel.
This morning, take an exclusive farm tour with local Sheenagh to learn about station life in the outback. You may spot WA’s famous wildflowers in this region. Pass through the former gold boomtown of Coolgardie and continue to Kalgoorlie, a colourful town whose economy has been driven by gold since 1893. Take an orientation tour of this historic town and drive to the official lookout for spectacular views over the famous Super Pit open-cut gold mine, which is large enough to be seen from space. Dine this evening at your hotel.
Today, visit Cape Le Grand National Park and discover wild coastal scenery, rugged granite peaks, sweeping headlands and white sand beaches. At stunning Lucky Bay, you may see some of the local kangaroos that like to laze on the pristine beach.
Travel on through Ravensthorpe and the unique Fitzgerald Biosphere. Later, at Bluff Knoll Lookout, you’ll witness the rugged beauty of the Stirling Ranges National Park. Continue to Albany, a town imbued with Anzac history, and settle in to your hotel for the night.
Today, take your time to explore seaside Albany, which boasts many fine heritage listed buildings. Perhaps visit the acclaimed National Anzac Centre. Set high on a hill within Albany’s Princess Royal Fortress, the award-winning centre overlooks the harbour from which more than 41,000 men and women departed Australia for the Great War.
Experience the Valley of the Giants Tree Top Walk this morning and explore the canopy of the majestic Tingle forest. Then travel on to Cape Leeuwin, where the Indian and Great Southern Oceans meet. Explore the grounds of its historic lighthouse and enjoy the spectacular surroundings at this beautifully restored heritage site before departing for Margaret River. Beaches and surf breaks line the nearby coast, whose waters host migratory whales between June and November.
Get ready to delight your taste buds! Margaret River is known for its fabulous wines and its boutique producers, and you’ll visit a local winery for tastings and a lunch prepared from fresh local produce. Your evening is at leisure.
You might like to take a stroll this morning along the 2-kilometre-long jetty in Busselton, a popular holiday town on the shores of Geographe Bay. Then travel on to Fremantle, where the afternoon is yours to explore. You could visit the colourful Fremantle Markets to purchase local arts and crafts and taste local produce. We recommend taking a wander along the Fremantle foreshore to observe the impressive fishing fleet. Celebrate your exploration of this magical regional of Western Australia this evening at a Farewell Dinner with your Travel Director and new-found friends.
Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end later this morning.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 11 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 06 June 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.