Snow Explorer, 5 Days
What you get...
- 5 Days tour departing Christchurch.
- 4 nights accommodation in a dorm share style.
- 5 Continental Breakfasts, 2 Dinners.
- 5 lift passes to 4 different mountains.
- Tow protection gloves and harnesses.
Christchurch - Springfield - Craigieburn
We'll sample four mountains: Porters, Broken River, Mt Olympus/Temple Basin and Craigieburn. While these names may not be familiar now, we guarantee by the end of your trip they'll be the only thing you'll want to talk about! Club Fields are small, private or family-owned ski areas where you can get into the snow with minimal fuss and maximum fun. The areas we take you to on this tour are not ski resorts. You won't find massive crowds here but you will find off-piste heaven. Running between July and September, this tour starts and ends in Christchurch. It's best suited to intermediate to advanced skiers and snowboarders as you'll be using nutcrackers and rope tows to climb the slopes at most locations. But don't let this put you off - our expert snow guides are on hand to help, and most people adjust to using these tools after just a couple of runs. We've got everything organised: your transport and transfers to the mountains, your accommodation, lift passes, breakfast, two dinners and your tow gear. If you're an intermediate to advanced skier or snowboarder looking for an epic guided snow tour in New Zealand, stop your search! We have the South Island's hidden winter gems all packaged up for you! Our expert guides will show you the ropes on the beautifully uncrowded slopes in this five-day snow tour.
Day 1 Christchurch to Springfield.
We head off early to Porters where we'll enjoy the relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our accommodation for the next two nights boasts unrivalled views and an outdoor spa pool.
Day 2 Springfield.
Consisting of a two large bowls that catch the powder with steep basins, chutes and drop-offs - this terrain caters to the adventurous. Today you'll learn to ride nut crackers!
Day 3 Springfield to Craigieburn.
We'll pick the best mountain for the conditions of the day: Mt Olympus ('Playground of the Gods') or Temple Basin (founded in 1929 and still true to the pioneering spirit).
Day 4 Craigieburn.
For big mountain skiing, Craigieburn has a well-deserved cult following. Steep and deep, with wide open powder bowls and lofty narrow chutes, this mountain leaves little to be desired.
Day 5 Craigieburn to Christchurch.
One last snow day mastering the slopes of Craigieburn (with 400 hectares of skiable area, there's lots to explore!) before blazing a trail back to Christchurch.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..