Japan Adventure, 13 Days
What you get...
- 13 day trip tour departing Tokyo.
- 12 nights accommodation.
- Some meals.
- All activities as per itinerary.
- All transport.
- Airport pickup.
- Services of an experienced western Group Leader and local guides.
Arrive and meet the Group - Tokyo City Tour and Nightlife - Fish market - Snow Monkeys and Shiga Kogen National Park - Travel from Nagano - Hakone - Osaka - Osaka Castle - Koyasan Temple Stay - Koyasan - Kyoto - Bamboo Forest - Fushimi - Check out and Onward Travel
Day 1 Arrive and meet the Group.
Welcome to Tokyo Once you arrive and check in at the hotel, you'll then have plenty of time to recover from your flight and relax before you meet everyone in your group.
Day 2 Tokyo City Tour and Nightlife.
Tokyo is an incredible contrast of ultra-modern and ultra-traditional that will blow you away First up is a visit to the Senso-ji Temple; Tokyo's oldest Buddhist temple surrounded by traditional Japanese markets, before heading over to the stunning Meiji Shrine. Next up we discover colourful Harajuku as well as the iconic Shibuya Crossing (the world's busiest intersection) Later we'll experience some of Japan's quirky restaurants and hilariously tiny bars in Shinjuku.
Day 3 Fish market, Sushi Class & Arcades.
Today we'll discover the organised mayhem of the Tsukiji Fish Market, once the largest operating markets in the world Afterwards a sushi master will teach you the art of rolling your own fresh sushi. This evening we'll head for the bright lights of Akihabara. From classic arcade games to the insanity of Japanese photo booths, you'll soon learn why they call this 'Electric City'. Game on Day 4 Travel to Nagano, Sake Tasting and Brewery Visit. Today we have the need for speed as we board our first 'Shinkansen', the famous Bullet train, and rocket through the Japanese countryside at over 200mph Once in Nagano we'll get a chance to taste locally brewed Sake. Our home tonight is a 'Ryokan', a traditional Japanese Inn where we'll sleep on bamboo mats (it's comfy, trust us).
Day 5 Snow Monkeys and Shiga Kogen National Park.
Today we head into the mountains to see the famous Snow Monkeys. These Japanese Macaques play among the trees in summer, whilst in winter you'll catch these guys bathing in natural hot springs to escape the cold. We'll then explore the lakes and forests of the Shiga Kogen National Park, a beautiful site year round.
Day 6 Travel from Nagano to Hakone.
Leaving Nagano behind we'll shoot off again by bullet train to the stunning Hakone, a spot famous in Japan for its jaw dropping views of Mount Fuji.
Day 7 Hakone to Osaka.
We'll spend the morning exploring Hakone by pirate ship and cable car, where on a clear day you'll have unrivalled views of Mt. Fuji. Next up is Osaka, where we'll head out to the vibrant Dotonbori canal region for dinner and then party in the crazy neon nightlife.
Day 8 Osaka Castle.
Spend the morning relaxing or exploring Osaka's awesome shopping. Later we'll visit the incredible Osaka Castle, first built over 400 years ago. Here we'll learn the importance of Japanese history and Japan's ancient warriors, the Samurai.
Day 9 Koyasan Temple Stay.
We head back to the mountains today for a once in a lifetime experience - staying overnight in a traditional 1000 year old Buddhist Temple in the fascinating town of Koyasan. Here we'll be taught meditation by the monks, served their traditional cuisine and have a guided night-time stroll through Japan's largest cemetery, a truly other-worldly experience We'll spend another night sleeping in traditional Japanese style surrounded by the beauty of the temple grounds.
Day 10 Koyasan to Kyoto.
Today we wake up early for an unforgettable experience - watching the Buddhist monks perform their morning prayers and fire ceremony. We'll be served breakfast by the monks before travelling to our last destination, Kyoto, Japan's ancient capital. When we arrive, there'll be time to chill in our awesome accom before heading out for dinner and drinks.
Day 11 Bamboo Forest, Golden Pavilion & Geishas.
Make sure your phones charged today First up is the Instagram famous Bamboo Forest of Arashiyama, perfect for shots surrounded by the towering bamboo. We then head to the beautiful Golden Pavilion, a temple covered entirely in gold, before visiting Gion, the famous home of Japan's beautiful and mysterious Geishas.
Day 12 Fushimi-Inari & Samurai Experience.
Today the endless bright orange Torii gates of Fushimi-Inari await us One of Japan's most iconic shrines will blow you away as we explore the winding trails of the ancient mountain. In the afternoon, we will be taught how to wield a traditional sword by a sensei descended from the Samurai. Experience the finesse of these weapons as you channel your inner warrior and slice through rolled bamboo.
Day 13 Check out and Onward Travel.
Your amazing 13 day adventure comes to an end. You can either check out and make your way back home, stay on longer in Kyoto or continue your travels in Japan.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on Twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..