North Island Adventure Tour, 7 Days
What you get...
- 7 Days tour departing Auckland.
- 6 nights accommodation in a high-end Hostel.
- 1 night accommodation in a shared cultural experience.
- Daily continental breakfast.
- Comfortable private bus transport.
- Passionate & experienced Tour Guide.
- Selection of cultural inclusions - learn a haka and learn to weave with a local iwi (tribe); eat a traditional Maori hangi meal cooked in an underground oven; visit Te Puia - a local arts and culture centre; plus more.
Auckland - Coromandel - Rotorua - Murupara - Taupo - Wellington
This 7-day small-group guided tour of the North Island will visit Coromandel, Rotorua, Taupo, and Wellington, with the option to visit Hobbiton, Waitomo Glowworm Caves and the Tongariro Crossing along the way. You can choose to travel from Auckland through to Wellington, or take the reverse itinerary. As with all Haka tours, there are a few included 'must-do' events such as a Maori cultural night and traditional Maori hangi dinner cooked in an underground oven. You'll see a massive range of optional activities available to add, from bungy jumping and white water rafting to canopy forest zipline tours and scenic flights. None of these are compulsory; just add the ones you want. The North Island is filled with surprising contrasts: from the idyllic Coromandel where you can soak in a hot pool dug in the sand, venture through a geothermal wonderland of geysers, take a side-trip to Middle Earth-esque countryside, have underground adventures in caves lit by glow worms, and admire lush rainforests and even a volcanic desert - you'll be amazed by it all.
Day 1 Auckland to Coromandel.
Let's start as we mean to go on: road-tripping through epic scenery on the way to epic destinations! Tonight we soak up the beachy vibes of the Coromandel.
Day 2 Coromandel to Rotorua.
We'll explore Cathedral Cove by foot or by kayak, then wend our way through middle-earth like country before arriving in Rotorua.
Day 3 Rotorua.
Welcome to the geothermal mecca that is Rotorua! Today you can tick white-water rafting, zip-lining and river sledging off your bucket-list.
Day 4 Rotorua to Murupara.
When we get to Rotorua we'll visit a geothermal valley and meet kiwi birds before we visit a living Maori village to learn the haka and eat a hangi.
Day 5 Murupara to Taupo.
It's only a short drive to our next destination, but there's heaps to discover! We'll see mesmerising mud pools and the thundering rapids of the Huka Falls.
Day 6 Taupo.
Today you can relax in a thermal hot spring, tick off some more bucket-list items or take a guided walk of the Tongariro Crossing.
Day 7 Taupo to Wellington.
We'll drive across a volcanic plateau and head to Wellington where film buffs can make a pilgrimage to Weta Workshop, and everyone will savour great food & drink.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..