South Island Adrenalin Junkie Tour, 11 Days
What you get...
- 11 Days tour departing Christchurch.
- 11 nights accommodation in a High-end Hostel.
- Daily continental breakfast.
- Comfortable private bus transport.
- Passionate & experienced Tour Guide.
- Visit the tiny Church of the Good Shepherd, nestled by the shores of Lake Tekapo.
- Visit the charming, historic gold rush village of Arrowtown.
- Carve your own pounamu (jade) pendant in Franz Josef.
- Two nights and a full day to play in the coastal paradise of Abel Tasman National Park.
- Learn to paddle a waka (Maori war canoe) along the Abel Tasman coastline.
- Iconic ferry ride between the North and South Islands across the Cook Strait.
Christchurch - Mackenzie Country - Queenstown - Wanaka - Franz Josef - Punakaiki - Abel Tasman - Wellington
Get ready to experience it all! Want to leap from the very place that bungy jumping was invented? You can! Perhaps you yearn to take on New Zealand's highest bungy? Step right up! Want to experience a high-speed jet-boat ride through a canyon close to where jetboating was invented? You got it! Ever thought about strapping yourself to a beautiful stranger and then leaping out of a plane? We can arrange that! Want to hike the blue ice of a glacier after a breathtaking helicopter ride? We know the place to go! Fancy a scenic flight over two World Heritage Parks? We've got it covered. If you've ever found yourself wondering what a Canyon Swing is, we'll help you find the answer - and hold your hand on the way there! If paragliding has been your dream, we know where to get the best air - and dream views! And let's not forget all the other included sights and activities you'll experience over 11 action-packed days. You'll be strolling secluded beaches, traversing jaw-dropping mountain ranges, paddling a Maori waka, staying in a lush rainforest, being wowed by the stars at an International Dark Sky Reserve, admiring turquoise lakes, intriguing rock formations, blue glaciers, picturesque cities, quaint gold-rush towns and carving your own greenstone pendant - phew! So, what are you waiting for? Let's get this adventure started! We'll take you to the South Island's top scenic locations and help you tick off all your bucket-list activities - we've even scheduled two days in Queenstown - New Zealand's adventure capital. Join us for eleven unforgettable days exploring Christchurch, Wanaka, Abel Tasman National Park, Franz Josef Glacier and Punakaiki - with the option to visit Milford Sound along the way.
Day 1 Christchurch to Mackenzie Country.
We'll explore some creative ways Christchurch has rebuilt itself before heading to the striking lakes and mountains of Tekapo. If you're a budding astro-photographer, tonight is your night!
Day 2 Mackenzie Country to Queenstown.
You could start your day with a flight of a lifetime before we take a road trip to the place where you can seriously shred your bucket list - or at least shorten it.
Day 3 Queenstown.
The Quintessential Queenstown Question: what're you going to do? Skydive! Bungy! Canyon Swing! Milford Sound! Get into whatever adventure floats your jet-boat, then ask your guide the best place to eat
Day 4 Queenstown to Wanaka.
Crossing the mountains into Wanaka is a short but superb drive. Our Haka Tours Founder can personally recommend skydiving in Wanaka - it's how he arrived at his own wedding!
Day 5 Wanaka to Franz Josef.
Take in more of Wanaka before we see more epic scenery on the way on the way to the UNESCO World Heritage area famous for its spectacular glacier.
Day 6 Franz Josef.
Explore blue-tinged icy crevasses on a guided heli-hike adventure, or perhaps kayak on a glacial lake; or just relax in steamy hot springs. Today you'll carve your own pendant.
Day 7 Franz Josef to Punakaiki.
We get off the beaten track and head up the West Coast where a rainforest retreat is home for the next two nights. Unplug and rest before tomorrow's adventure.
Day 8 Punakaiki.
A giant stack of stone pancakes is a must-do today! Geology rocks. Seriously. Go kayaking, explore Paparoa National Park, or simply enjoy the beach near your rainforest home.
Day 9 Punakaiki to Abel Tasman.
Golden beaches, tranquil lagoons and crystal clear waters await exploration! We'll arrive in time for an opportunity to get the lay of the land from above with a skydive.
Day 10 Abel Tasman.
A full day to enjoy and explore this pristine area. Take a hike, go for a kayak, or go canyoning: jump, slide, abseil and zipline your way down a river.
Day 11 Abel Tasman to Wellington.
You'll enjoy some essential NZ experiences on our last day in the South Island: learn to paddle a Maori canoe, visit a winery and sample mussels before catching the ferry.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2020for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..