South Island Lick Tour, 7 Days
What you get...
- 7 Days tour departing Christchurch.
- 6 nights accommodation in a high-end Hostel.
- Daily continental breakfast.
- Comfortable private bus transport.
- Passionate & experienced Tour Guide.
- Cross the stunning Southern Alps on the TranzAlpine train.
- Visit the tiny Church of the Good Shepherd, nestled by the shores of Lake Tekapo.
- Visit the charming, historic gold rush village of Arrowtown.
- Carve your own pounamu (greenstone/jade) pendant in Franz Josef.
Christchurch - Mackenzie Country - MackKenzie Country - Queenstown - Wanaka - Franz Josef
This 7-day small-group guided tour of the South Island will visit Christchurch, Wanaka, Queenstown, Tekapo (an International Dark Sky Reserve), Franz Josef Glacier, and back across to Christchurch via Arthur's Pass onboard the world-famous TranzAlpine train. You'll have the option to visit Milford Sound, and we'll stop at many other scenic spots along this South Island itinerary. There's a range of optional add-on activities: from adrenaline-pumping bucket-list items like bungee jumping, jet boating, and sky-diving to more gentle activities like heli-hiking (okay for all abilities), quad biking, kayaking, scenic flights and hiking. None of these are compulsory; just add the ones you want. If you only have a short time to explore the largest island of New Zealand, this is the tour for you! Prepare for seven days of spectacular scenery and lots of opportunity for adventure. Turquoise lakes, majestic glaciers, dramatic mountain peaks, golden tussock lands and the picture-perfect towns of Queenstown, Wanaka and Franz Josef are all on our week-long road trip!
Day 1 Christchurch to Mackenzie Country.
We'll visit some Christchurch highlights before heading to the big mountains and big skies of MacKenzie country - stopping to admire the shimmering turquoise lake at Tekapo.
Day 2 MackKenzie Country to Queenstown.
We'll take the scenic route stopping by Kawarau - the Home of Bungy - before making our way to Queenstown where all sorts of adventure waits!
Day 3 Queenstown.
You couldn't ask for a more scenic spot to work on that bucket-list! Take an extreme jet-boat ride, a 4WD safari through LOTR country, or visit Milford Sound.
Day 4 Queenstown to Wanaka.
We'll cross the mountains from Queenstown, stop by a quaint gold-mining village and explore wondrous Wanaka - considered to be one of New Zealand's most beautiful mountain towns.
Day 5 Wanaka to Franz Josef.
Will you take an acrobatic flight over Lake Wanaka, go for a hike or just enjoy the views? We'll cross Haast Pass on our way to the West Coast glaciers.
Day 6 Franz Josef.
Today you'll get to carve your own greenstone pendant and you can choose to take a helicopter to Franz Josef Glacier for a hike on blue ice.
Day 7 Franz Josef to Christchurch.
We'll road trip up the spectacular west coast stopping for some souvenirs, and then take the world-famous TranzAlpine train back to Christchurch to make our farewells.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..